Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Going to FanFest?

Going to FanFest?

Yes
No
Maybe
What is FanFest?

You must select between 1 and 30 options

Re: Going to FanFest?

My mom did the women's football clinic in the Spring, she said it was a blast.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

ill be there but now that they moved the time up i will be late for the noon events, seeing that i get out of work in wellington at 1215, i guess ill just have to tailgate after the game! lol, anyone is welcome to chill after with me, jab, wpierso, and the rest of the Dirty Birds
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

My mom did the women's football clinic in the Spring, she said it was a blast.

They just teach them the basics of football, right, so they can enjoy the game?

I was thinking that maybe we should do this for the freshmen too…
Back to the top

I talked to the prOWLer director and she likes the idea of doing it for students. Maybe do it before Homecoming and teach the history of Homecoming too?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

I talked to the prOWLer director and she likes the idea of doing it for students. Maybe do it before Homecoming and teach the history of Homecoming too?

No no, way before that. Homecoming is the last home game. You want them to come to all home games. Remove that barrier early. Got to do it before the UAB game.
Back to the top

FSU has the cowgirls

FAU should have the owlgirls

2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Well, I think the timing has a lot to do with it. Most of the veteran prOWLers, whom would be planning such a football 101 course for freshmen, will be on the Texas trip. And with Labor Day (Monday) closing the university, that only leaves Tuesday - Friday to execute an event before the first home game.

Definitely could be done, but very hard.

I suggest Homecoming because we could also teach them about the history of Homecoming.

Hey OwlCountry…I think you and I stumbled upon a bigger idea. Let's you and I work together to make this happen:
"TRADITION FAU"

A series of courses taught by "FAU Experts" (notice I put them in quotes) once a month to students who want to learn more about the history and traditions at FAU.
September: The History of Football - Football 101, Howard Schnellenberger, and the history of FAU football since its inception
October: The History of the University
November: Homecoming
December: Famous alumni
January: Basketball and Program Board events
February: Baseball, softball and student government
March: Red vs. Blue - but before it was Red, blue, grey, white and yellow. How did it all come to be? (Interesting story actually)
April: Campus Life
May: Moving ahead - transition to your next year. What did you learn? What can you teach freshmen?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

FSU has the cowgirls

FAU should have the owlgirls

What do the Cowgirls do?

The Red and Blue girls on campus have been a defunct group that keeps reviving itself after FAU football has a good year. Coach usually pulls a marketing coordinator  and/or intern into his office and charges him/her with the task of bringing the red and blue girls back.

In 2002 and 2003, the group was pretty formidable. They were volunteers on gameday helping with checking in recruits, ticket stub collection, media credentials, etc.

I don't know what they were like in the 04 and 05 years.

This year, another football marketing coordinator/graduate assistant is trying to put the group together and asked for the help of prOWLer Director Alysha Klein.

Apparently the group will:
  • [li]Host recruits when they come on to campus
    Give tours to recruits and families
    Volunteer at events
    Help on game day[/li]
    [li][/li]

Back to the top

I believe the Cowgirls look like this, that's what they do.

And in the famous words of Kirk Herbstriet during the game that Jenn Sterger was first ever on TV, "I think male enrollment at Florida State just increased by a few thousand after showing her on screen."
Back to the top

Yep, thats what they do.  Go to the games and be fans….and what great fans they are.

Back to the top
Control functions: