Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Homecoming 2010 Event Schedule - Boca Campus

Re: Homecoming 2010 Event Schedule - Boca Campus

Homecoming 2010 Event Schedule - Boca Campus

owlcountry said

FAUfasho said

What's wrong with the logo?!?! Jk. I'm on the Homecoming committee and ya, it should be a pretty exciting week capped off by a ridiculously busy Friday. The Inauguration, the biggest parade ever and Fall Family Fest…should be a good time!

Thanks for posting, Rick. Love the general design. Not big on the weird owl. I actually used to be involved with Homecoming so I have a couple of questions and comments for FAUfasho:

1. The committee should be commended for booking Aries Spears. Good choice.
  2. The Timucua Pageant has been going on for a long time and it's an awesome event. What number are we on, like the 7th Annual Timucua Pageant? Smitty would probably know. I'm just wondering why it doesn't say that on there since it's one of our oldest traditions; I think students are more likely to come out to something if it's billed as the _th Annual Whatever, because it must be good if it's been continued all these years.
  3. Is the Parade going to be along Lee Street again?
  4. Anything different about this year's Fall Family Fest? Or same tents, vendors, etc as last year and the year before.
  5. What's the marketing/promotion plan? Decorating the Breezeway is always a big deal, as are banners. A friend of mine was Marketing Director for Homecoming and she made big posters and hung them all over campus, that was great. But one year it was like, all they did was wrap a few bows around the palm trees along Lee Street and put a few signs in the ground with print so small you couldn't even see it when you drove by. It was really bad - you wouldn't even know it was Homecoming Week.

Having red and blue balloons and streamers everywhere you go would be awesome.

1. Program Board actually did the booking, its their funds and their team who put it together, its just labeled as the "Homecoming Comedy Show"
2. I believe that the marketing on the Timucua Pageant around campus usually has _th annual. Also, Timucua is completely done through Housing and Res. Life. I worked in Housing the past two years and its definitely one of their biggest events.
3. Parade is the longest its ever been. Starts at Lot 5 heads towards the track, turns left at…Volusia? (the library street), down past the Library and Student Support Services building and ends at the Housing lawn which is where Fall Family Fest is. Its just under a mile. Dr. Brown and Dr. King wanted the community to kind of get involved to make it bigger which is why we also have 9 bands from local middle and high schools coming as well as a twirling group and some cheerleaders from Deerfield.
4. FFF should be a bit bigger than in the past. FFF was Brogan's doing and Saunders seems to be just as excited about it as he was.
5. As far as promoting, we are in the Breezeway every Monday and Wednesday for a few hours giving away the usual footballs, basketballs, cups, towels, wristbands with the logo and dates of stuff on it. We've got signs to go in almost every building or department, as well as the signs around campus and ribbons. I know there is more we're doing as far as around campus as well.

I'll be happy to answer anymore questions!  :)
Back to the top

owlcountry said

FAUfasho said

What's wrong with the logo?!?! Jk. I'm on the Homecoming committee and ya, it should be a pretty exciting week capped off by a ridiculously busy Friday. The Inauguration, the biggest parade ever and Fall Family Fest…should be a good time!

Thanks for posting, Rick. Love the general design. Not big on the weird owl. I actually used to be involved with Homecoming so I have a couple of questions and comments for FAUfasho:

1. The committee should be commended for booking Aries Spears. Good choice.
  2. The Timucua Pageant has been going on for a long time and it's an awesome event. What number are we on, like the 7th Annual Timucua Pageant? Smitty would probably know. I'm just wondering why it doesn't say that on there since it's one of our oldest traditions; I think students are more likely to come out to something if it's billed as the _th Annual Whatever, because it must be good if it's been continued all these years.
  3. Is the Parade going to be along Lee Street again?
  4. Anything different about this year's Fall Family Fest? Or same tents, vendors, etc as last year and the year before.
  5. What's the marketing/promotion plan? Decorating the Breezeway is always a big deal, as are banners. A friend of mine was Marketing Director for Homecoming and she made big posters and hung them all over campus, that was great. But one year it was like, all they did was wrap a few bows around the palm trees along Lee Street and put a few signs in the ground with print so small you couldn't even see it when you drove by. It was really bad - you wouldn't even know it was Homecoming Week.

Having red and blue balloons and streamers everywhere you go would be awesome.

1. Program Board actually did the booking, its their funds and their team who put it together, its just labeled as the "Homecoming Comedy Show"
2. I believe that the marketing on the Timucua Pageant around campus usually has _th annual. Also, Timucua is completely done through Housing and Res. Life. I worked in Housing the past two years and its definitely one of their biggest events.
3. Parade is the longest its ever been. Starts at Lot 5 heads towards the track, turns left at…Volusia? (the library street), down past the Library and Student Support Services building and ends at the Housing lawn which is where Fall Family Fest is. Its just under a mile. Dr. Brown and Dr. King wanted the community to kind of get involved to make it bigger which is why we also have 9 bands from local middle and high schools coming as well as a twirling group and some cheerleaders from Deerfield.
4. FFF should be a bit bigger than in the past. FFF was Brogan's doing and Saunders seems to be just as excited about it as he was.
5. As far as promoting, we are in the Breezeway every Monday and Wednesday for a few hours giving away the usual footballs, basketballs, cups, towels, wristbands with the logo and dates of stuff on it. We've got signs to go in almost every building or department, as well as the signs around campus and ribbons. I know there is more we're doing as far as around campus as well.

I'll be happy to answer anymore questions!  :)
Back to the top

The Timuqua pageant is probably on year 10, no?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

The Timuqua pageant is probably on year 10, no?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Just a reminder, today is the Homecoming Parade and Fall Family Fest. This would be a good one to go to if you've never been. This is by far the biggest with over 50 groups in the parade and 9 bands from the community as well as the Marching Owls!
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

Just a reminder, today is the Homecoming Parade and Fall Family Fest. This would be a good one to go to if you've never been. This is by far the biggest with over 50 groups in the parade and 9 bands from the community as well as the Marching Owls!

Second that. The Parade and Fall Family Fest are both awesome events!
Back to the top
Control functions: