Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

How many fans will we bring to New Orleans

How many FAU fans will be at the NO Bowl?

<1000
<2500
<5000
<10000
>10000

You must select between 1 and 23 options

How many fans will we bring to New Orleans

I know it if just a few days before Christmas, so how many fans will we have in New Orleans?  Anyone want to estimate?
Back to the top

Re: How many fans will we bring to New Orleans

ocala500 said

I know it if just a few days before Christmas, so how many fans will we have in New Orleans?  Anyone want to estimate?

That's a good question. I was thinking the same thing today.

FAU didn't travel too many people to Troy. More people made it up to Gainesville but that was (I think) partly because nearly everyone at FAU knows someone who is at or near UF and it gave them an excuse to visit on top of cheering for the team.

Then again, the stakes are higher here and this is an exciting moment in FAU's history. Plus it's in an area that's basically known for its ability to get people plastered. Win or lose, people can have a great time there.

I think this is going to be a crucial test for FAU's marketing department. Are they just going to put up something on the websites or are they going to actively get out there and spread the word?

At the very least, I'm hoping to see some sort of banner on campus in the beginning of the week.
Back to the top

I added a poll to this topic, let me know if you want me to change the options.
Back to the top

Hey, guess what?  Bowl games ALWAYS happen around the holidays.  If we are going to use this as an excuse for lack of attendance, then that will send a message to all Bowl committees that FAU will not travel well.

At the FIU game, it was the Thanksgiving excuse.  As I have stated before, if we want to be big time, we need to step it up a notch.
Back to the top

I think upward of 2500 would be great. However I realistically that FAU will have somewhere in the range of 1000 fans. I hope I am wrong.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: