Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

If we keep winning, will we lose Kiffin?

Here's a quick Kiffin run down:

ASU - possible, sun belt state, no connection
MSU - SEC but no connection
Arkansas - SEC but no connection
Texas A&M - SEC but no connection
Tennessee - really man?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Lane has an "in" for these schools and don't know if they meet his criteria (sunny, surfing, water close by).
Back to the top

cbboarder said

With Mullen going to Florida that leaves (5) power 5 coaching vacancies, (4) of them in the SEC (ASU, MSU, ARK, TA&M and UT). Jimbo has been offered but nothing accepted and mattresses are burning again in Knoxville over Schiano.

That's a lot of money……..
Posted On: Nov 26th 2017, 7:38 PM #374205

I forgot Nebraska. I'm thinking Frost is headed there as his name has gone quiet over the past 48 hours. Which obviously opens up UCF.
Back to the top

cbboarder said

cbboarder said

With Mullen going to Florida that leaves (5) power 5 coaching vacancies, (4) of them in the SEC (ASU, MSU, ARK, TA&M and UT). Jimbo has been offered but nothing accepted and mattresses are burning again in Knoxville over Schiano.

That's a lot of money……..
Posted On: Nov 26th 2017, 7:38 PM #374205

I forgot Nebraska. I'm thinking Frost is headed there as his name has gone quiet over the past 48 hours. Which obviously opens up UCF.
Posted On: Nov 26th 2017, 7:49 PM #374211

UCF isn’t much of a leap for Kiff. Also, Ole Miss was open, but Matt Luke just has his interim tag removed. 
Back to the top

Frost would be crazy to go to Nebraska even if it is his alma mater. Nebraska has been down for more than a decade. It is harder to recruit in an icebox rural University that has gone more than a decade w/o any success.
If he got UF or possibly FSU if Jimbo leaves for Texas A & M, i could see Frost leaving. Heck Texas A &M is a better job than Nebraska.
Back to the top

According to Kiffin's Wiki page it says he's the HC at MSU……..That hurts!

Lane Kiffin - Wikipedia
Back to the top

cbboarder said

According to Kiffin's Wiki page it says he's the HC at MSU……..That hurts!

Lane Kiffin - Wikipedia
Posted On: Nov 26th 2017, 11:53 PM #374221

It shows FAU now. It has been edited today a few times and looks like the page has been victim to vandalism. Looks like it was changed to MSU 12/26. The guy who changed it looks like an unregistered editor.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I can't edit my previous post

The wiki page is now has a Semi-protected edit request on 27 November 2017

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

That's the downside of an open encyclopedia… too much vandalism.

A lot of SEC fans banking on Kiffin's ego to return to an SEC team. I get the whole SEC vs CUSA thing, and the money's clearly better, but I'm not sure the quality of life is better outside the salary aspect.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

That's the downside of an open encyclopedia… too much vandalism.

A lot of SEC fans banking on Kiffin's ego to return to an SEC team. I get the whole SEC vs CUSA thing, and the money's clearly better, but I'm not sure the quality of life is better outside the salary aspect.
Posted On: Nov 27th 2017, 1:34 AM #374224

I don’t think he goes back to the SEC. I think he goes back to the pac12. The SEC isn’t very winnable right now, so if you go to here and struggle to get 8 wins for 3 on 4 years, you’re going to get fired, with the exception of Kentucky and Vanderbilt. 

I’m looking at a school more like Arizona State that’s got reasonable facilities, room for improvement, and access to recruits. I think it would be easy to win there in a year or two.    
Back to the top

A kicker on the San Diego Chargers missed a FG to tie or win a playoff game. Someone went to the kicker's Wikipedia page and edited his page to say his wife left him after he missed that kick because he was such a loser. It did not last long but that is a problem with Wikipedia.
Back to the top
Control functions: