Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

If we keep winning, will we lose Kiffin?

dusky256fc said

sigep77 said

teambeer said

Seriously! 

I said to myself when we hired him that if we won 10 games and he disappeared in the night I couldn’t be mad, he will have taken us on such an incredible journey.

Credit Walty for this statement: if 18 months ago I told you that’s we’d be playing the CUSA Championship game at home with Lane Kiffin at the helm on the cusp of winning 10 games you’d have me locked up.

Enjoy the ride, if it’s longer than one go round, even better.
Posted On: Nov 21st 2017, 8:06 PM #373909
Maybe, but if you recall from our text string back then, he was a non believer that Kiffin was even an option.
Posted On: Nov 21st 2017, 8:19 PM #373911
You’re giving him credit for something he had nothing to do with, he was actually opposed to.
Posted On: Nov 21st 2017, 8:58 PM #373915
I was?  And no, I had nothing to do with Lane's hiring.  I am a lowly donor on a message board.  

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

sigep77 said

Change said

Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 12:03 PM #373831
Finally, Walty, you may feel basketball is important, but it's not.
Posted On: Nov 20th 2017, 11:14 PM #373875
I hear you….in the grand scheme, no….but ask FGCU and other schools that made good runs in the tournament what kind of a boost they got afterwards….the outside world associates winning with a successful, well run university….a place that can get it right….we could absolutely benefit from that….
Posted On: Nov 21st 2017, 12:20 PM #373885
Tried to quote SigEp77's "basektball doesn't matter" but you have to write code to use this site.  

Basketball is not important to whom exactly?

It effects our athletics revenue and the perception of FAU athletics.  I can tell you in that way it's important.  Not a feeling.

Back to the top

walty12 said

dusky256fc said

sigep77 said

teambeer said

Seriously! 

I said to myself when we hired him that if we won 10 games and he disappeared in the night I couldn’t be mad, he will have taken us on such an incredible journey.

Credit Walty for this statement: if 18 months ago I told you that’s we’d be playing the CUSA Championship game at home with Lane Kiffin at the helm on the cusp of winning 10 games you’d have me locked up.

Enjoy the ride, if it’s longer than one go round, even better.
Posted On: Nov 21st 2017, 8:06 PM #373909
Maybe, but if you recall from our text string back then, he was a non believer that Kiffin was even an option.
Posted On: Nov 21st 2017, 8:19 PM #373911
You’re giving him credit for something he had nothing to do with, he was actually opposed to.
Posted On: Nov 21st 2017, 8:58 PM #373915
I was?  And no, I had nothing to do with Lane's hiring.  I am a lowly donor on a message board.  
Posted On: Nov 22nd 2017, 8:21 AM #373922

What did this have to do with you?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

walty12 said

Tried to quote SigEp77's "basektball doesn't matter" but you have to write code to use this site.
Posted On: Nov 22nd 2017, 8:35 AM #373927

Turn off the complex post editor…

Problem solved.

:cool:
Back to the top

Rick said

walty12 said

Posted On: Nov 22nd 2017, 8:35 AM #373927

Turn off the complex post editor…

Problem solved.

:cool:
Posted On: Nov 22nd 2017, 9:26 AM #373931

I have no idea what that means?

Back to the top

Disable  "WYSIWYG"  on your posting page… 
Back to the top

Reports out saying Chip Kelly expected to take UCLA job, moving that piece off the board.

Florida supposedly eyeing Scott Frost now.

Kiffin tweeted "not true" about his interest in the Tennessee job, for what that's worth.

Anybody heard anything about Kiffin or Briles being a serious candidate somewhere?

The sentiment here is that even if Briles doesn't move up to HC somewhere he might be offered a higher-paying OC job when someone like Frost gets the HC job at a place like Florida.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Reports out saying Chip Kelly expected to take UCLA job, moving that piece off the board.

Kiffin tweeted "not true" about his interest in the Tennessee job, for what that's worth.

Anybody heard anything about Kiffin or Briles being a serious candidate somewhere?

The sentiment here is that even if Briles doesn't move up to HC somewhere he might be offered a higher-paying OC job when someone like Frost gets the HC job at a place like Florida.
Posted On: Nov 24th 2017, 5:50 PM #374003

There is no chance in hell UT will ever take Kiffin back. It doesn’t matter if lane wants to go back there. 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Owl2Doc said

Posted On: Nov 24th 2017, 5:50 PM #374003

There is no chance in hell UT will ever take Kiffin back. It doesn’t matter if lane wants to go back there. 
Posted On: Nov 24th 2017, 7:36 PM #374004

Exactly, what the fans want is irrelevant.  It’s decided by the people that write the checks and that ain’t gonna happen.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Looks like Kelly to UCLA!
Back to the top
Control functions: