Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jason Driskel on His Play

owlsdad said

Going back to the MTSU game, I became a fan of Driskell's when I saw him throw a little swing pass out to the RB, then he absolutely sprinted his @$$ off to actually get in front of the guy and not only try to get in the way of the defender, but throw a hard-nosed block.  I had frustrations when I saw him look like he just couldn't pull the trigger with WRs running deep corner routes that you could just tell were going to be open for TDs - you could see Driskell read it and see it but for whatever reason just didn't trust heaving the ball down there.  He is completing something like 65% of his passes, and that play I saw clearly illustrates he is leading by example with his "I am trying to do whatever I can to make us win" mentality.  I agree that eventually you typically need to at least scare the defense with the possibility you will go downfield, but like "duder" said we should enjoy this as long as it continues.  And often I ask myself why a coach ever goes away from what it working.  This is a good running football team, so let's milk it until somebody proves they can stop it.

Posted On: Oct 13th 2017, 2:13 PM #371822

Driskell probably knows hes not going to NFL as a QB so oddly enough that might
make far more dangerous as someone whos willing to make the big plays in unusual ways.

Of course that might make him a possible Jim Jensen type player. 
Back to the top
Control functions: