Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jim Leavitt Tapped as New FAU Defensive Coordinator

Former Oregon and Colorado Defensive Coordinator Jim Leavitt has been announced as the Owls' next Defensive Coordinator. This will be FAU's fifth DC in as many years.

Leavitt will assume the responsibilities of a defense that set a single- season record of 33 takeaways and held the last seven opponents to an average of 15.8 points per game.

He is familiar to both the state of Florida and to Taggart’s style after serving as USF’s inaugural head coach and working with the newly hired FAU coach Taggart at both Oregon and Florida State.

Since Taggart assumed the helm of the Owls, he has ushered the Owls through the December signing period, watch the 2019 Conference USA Champions, defeat SMU 52-28 in the 2019 Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowls and has diligently begun working on building his staff.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

If we get an OC like this (not sure Briles is realistic given what went down in Tallahassee), like Taggart or not that would be shaping up as a P5 type of staff.

After Lane leaving, we have had the decent early signings and the big bowl win and hopefully a top-25 ranking.  Things could be a heckuva lot worse. 
Back to the top

Yup. I’m anxious to see how it ends up. Any word yet on where Weis Jr is ending up? I’m still holding on to hope we can keep him for the sake of Robison. 
Back to the top
Control functions: