Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kendal Briles

GeorgiaOwl said

So true sjacks78 - and in the HEART of football Country to boot!

One of the reasons I continue to push HARD for FAU sponsoring a REAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL MNARCHING BAND!

I love our band and the effort and ability of ours but when WESTERN CAROLINA UNIVERITY can afford to have a nearly 500 person band and appear in the Macy's Parade, HOW IN THE WORLD ARE WE STCK ON FAR LESS THAN 100 MEMBERS DR. KELLY???????

Besides our crowd sizes being embarrassing, this is another sore point to me!

And I will post something here for the heck of it, our several chances at hosting large sell out type of crowds have been BOTCHED SO BADLY BY THE UNIVERSITY STAFF - no wonder people don't come again! Get it foxed, offer a free game next year to prove we CAN handle a good Game Day experience to reset with the local football/sports fans and move forward!!! With the product Coach K put on the field there is no way we should EVER have less than 20K for ANY home game!
Posted On: Dec 11th 2019, 1:09 PM #392068

YES, the band is great at the basketball games but there aren't enough at the fb games. UNT brings a damn semi truck full of just band gear.   They should have spent the money on the band and not the stupid lights.
Back to the top

I am a graduate of Western Carolina, and the band is amazing!  At the same time, they are so big that they really don't get involved in the game other than the halftime show because it is hard to get that big of an outfit to play during the times you can in-game.  So I'd say grow the band for events, but have a specific "pep band" that becomes part of the game entertainment.

Now back to Briles - I really can't find anything that makes him look like a serious candidate.  Mentions in several earlier articles, but is anybody seeing anything where it appears he might be a candidate who they are seriously considering?  All the talk about Taggart, but the FSU offense seemed to get a little better after Briles was allowed to make more decisions.
Back to the top

Willie had to hire new Coords at USF or he would have lost his job there after 2014, he did change and let the O change and after game 5 of 2015 the new O took off for USF. If ya remember we DESTROYED USF under Willie

On O Willie is VERY conservative by nature, not exciting at all! He is a D minded Coach and as a HC needs to let his OC/DC do their jobs and run the program and the game, not interfere and hinder!
Back to the top

sjacks78 said

1OwlFLATL said

I agree lane could have done more but at some point the students and alumni have to care more about their school. I have invited many alumni to games. Its the south fla lazy culture. Miami even when winning doesn't draw well. Ppl think they are too cool to go to a football game they would rather buy 20 dollar drinks on south beach. Our school is also very diverse many of the students love soccer over football. I just dont see how as a student you can go tailgate, and walk past the stadium. The stadium is beautiful. When I was going to school at FAU we dreamed to have something like this. Lane actually put a good product on the field that is the other part it wasnt like the football was unwatchable. Part of why I would like an offensive coach put a product out there that people want to see!
Posted On: Dec 11th 2019, 10:19 AM #392050
I just moved to Atlanta and if I had a dollar for every person who has told me, "you need to go to an Atlanta United soccer game, I'm not a soccer person but those are fun, you have to try one." You can make people enjoy the atmosphere, I experienced it myself having really only gone to rays and marlins games and then going to a braves game. It was night and day experience wise, there was so much more crowd interaction and things keeping you engaged. I'm going to start taking notes as these games and disseminate what makes say an Atlanta united game something people go to even though they don't like the sport. It's obviously the atmosphere but seeing what they're doing to create it.

Note: Atlanta united is a 5 year old team that drew an average attendance of 53,000 people in 2018
Posted On: Dec 11th 2019, 11:02 AM #392051

I agree i live in atlanta too. Atl united benefits from atlanta being so diverse and many established soccer fans. Fau alumni and students think they are too cool to support. Its OUR school a good football team does wonders for our degree. Ppl lining up to go to UGA with the team performing they way it is.
Back to the top
Control functions: