Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin announces Robison will "not be a part of team activities" for Spring

Ok. You guys have convinced me. From now on the most important thing  is that our players have fun. And if fau  gets recognized as a team that really has fun on the sideline , that is a tremendous goal. Besides, if we win , the other team loses. We shouldn't want to make others feel bad. Oc said it best . This is a rediculous subject. All I'm saying is celebrate AFTER you take care of business. I think anyone of any age can agree with that. I would be embarrassed  if I had a job on a football team, and my coach was doing all he could to avoid using me , due to lack of confidence. Win some games and we will all dance.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Ok. You guys have convinced me. From now on the most important thing  is that our players have fun. And if fau  gets recognized as a team that really has fun on the sideline , that is a tremendous goal. Besides, if we win , the other team loses. We shouldn't want to make others feel bad. Oc said it best . This is a rediculous subject. All I'm saying is celebrate AFTER you take care of business. I think anyone of any age can agree with that. I would be embarrassed  if I had a job on a football team, and my coach was doing all he could to avoid using me , due to lack of confidence. Win some games and we will all dance.
Posted On: Mar 22nd 2019, 6:23 PM #385646
No one has said that we 
I we are trying to say is dancing on the sideline or whatever doesn’t reflect how hard the player works or how much he cares. 
I get what you’re saying as I get fustrated with some player actions as well. Like nothing makes me more angry when a DB gets beat and a throw is off or the WR drops it and the DB gives the big incomplete hand single like he contributed to the stoping the play.

I got to these these 7on7 camps all the time and if an old school football guy saw them their head mjght exploded. I have seen every thing from an entire team surrounding a DB after getting beat, putting trash bags over players, pulling out cheese burgers and eating them to show up the guy across from you.

I also know how hard these kids work to hard perfect their craft and take 100’s of reps to get better. The pro wrestling like 7on7 circuit is why you see so many young QB’s play and succeed in college football today.  
Back to the top

This conversation is getting…well, it's wrong.

Kiffin had a quote in 17, about texting during the game and if we'd been losing (but we were winning)…

Equating one stupid thing to a generational gap is too, "GET OFF MY LAWN (and that's why we say millennial and not young-people)!"

You wanna know why we couldn't make thirty-something yard field goals? It's cause our kicker couldn't kick'm. I hope he's gotten better.

But you don't go from top ten (or whatever) in the nation, to top bottom (or whatever) in the nation because the kicker knows the Moon Walk (it's not the Moon Walk, shut-up). It's cause he ain't the next kicker for the Cleveland Browns.

This doesn't go here, I'm proving a point, Jose Mirabal, South Dade, Offensive Guard was at FAU. It goes into 2020 recruiting (and I know somebody already started a thread…sorry[but these g*d-damned kids on my lawn!]). But. Let's please, talk about football stuff.

You're great. Your parents were/are great. And your kids are great.
Back to the top

Deal. I'm so tired of defending  my dancing comment. Dancing was just part of my point. I think we all oc included, know what I'm saying. Maybe not in the best way. I hope and pray that our kids cam party their a**es off next season. This whole thing started when our qb got into another situation.  Another. I know I'm simplifying it saying kids getting in trouble shows a lack of discipline. It's mostly just a momentary bad decision. ( been there myself a time or five). But as a 58 year old guy, the age of a lot of your parents, repeated bad decisions drive me absolutely crazy . Sorry for de raking the subject.  Sorry for my obsessivness overy a rediculous subject.
Back to the top

Back to football and one of JGF’s post - anybody have any details on how the other QBs have looked now that presumably the job is wide open?  I know there have only been a few practices, but clearly FAU needs for a QB and some WRs to step forward - odd to think I believe the offense will be OK at RB given what all we lost, but the other skill positions seem to be at least as much of a question mark outside TE.

Plenty of talented guys, but we saw last year how the offense struggled particularly in the second half of games without a cool hand at QB.
Back to the top

I agree. I think we won't see too much
of a drop off on RB. It helps that we return 3 starters on the OL.
Back to the top

I mean heck, I’m sure there’s a battle now between Tronti and Littlejohn. It’s just, now hopefully Kiffin can hit a home run in the transfer portal. We need an experienced QB yesterday. Given what just happened, and the inevitability that Robison’s (A great dancer) gone. Got to sell this program to some quality kids with quality arms bow. What if something happens to Tronti or Littlejohn. I surely hope that Cameron Wynn will be a great starting WR this year. And perhaps one of the brothers that’s tall can make a contribution too at WR. But the position is extremely worrisome if Wynn and the brothers don’t emerge
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

I agree. I think we won't see too much
of a drop off on RB. It helps that we return 3 starters on the OL.
Posted On: Mar 24th 2019, 6:36 PM #385669

Bill Conelly did his FAU write up a couple of weeks ago and the stat that stuck out to me the most was FAU was 105th in "Stuff Rate" meaning we were stuffed at or behind the LOS a lot.  Our running game was either all or nothing last year.

As many yards as we piled up, it becomes hard to score points when you 40-yard run then -2 and 1 leaving many third and longs for a young QB it also becomes hard for an offense to "go fast'' with so many negative plays.

I hope BJ Emmons power running can provide yardage just when we need to keep things going.

It was also pointed out to me that we became more of an outside zone running team last year opposed to inside in 2017. The reason for this was pretty simple, we missed Fernandez and Woods on the inside who we both powerful blockers.
Back to the top

I bet if our QB situation doesn't improve, Kiffin will experiment with some sort of triple option type offense. We signed a bunch of RBs this new class. I'm sure putting a few of them every play could make things interesting
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

I bet if our QB situation doesn't improve, Kiffin will experiment with some sort of triple option type offense. We signed a bunch of RBs this new class. I'm sure putting a few of them every play could make things interesting
Posted On: Mar 24th 2019, 10:10 PM #385672

I bet definitely not. Is the simple answer.

The more complicated is we kinda already do, but we are never going to line up in a wing formation and run it.

Back to the top
Control functions: