Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin's Coaching Staff

May as well start a new thread as Kiffin assembles his staff.  We have an allotment of $1.7 million to work with.  Who do you want to see retained and/or brought in? 

The only name I've seen mentioned so far is Charlie Weis Jr. Last season our coordinators made $150k.  I have to imagine doubling that will draw some good candidates.
Back to the top

I wouldn't mind seeing Trickett retained in some capacity as QB coach or "Co-offensive coord"

Corey Bell is another one I would like to see retained.

Back to the top

Justice deserves a look.  Guy made a work of art out of the cut bucket at times. 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

I wouldn't mind seeing Trickett retained in some capacity as QB coach or "Co-offensive coord"

Corey Bell is another one I would like to see retained.

Posted On: Dec 13th 2016, 5:21 PM #364581

You gotta think Kiff will be calling the plays here so Trickery would be a good assistant and the guy can recruit pretty well
Back to the top

I have a feeling a lot of our coaches will get the "I think you have done a nice job here but....". He would be foolish not to bring in exactly who he wants. He make keep a position coach or two to make the players feel comfortable. That is the business of coaching. Very transient life style.
Back to the top

I like to see Jared Allen retained.  He's been a player and coached here under 2 coaches…..keep him in some capacity.
Back to the top

LK repeatedly stated the CEO of the team vision, I don't expect him to call plays, he'll develop the OC and get out of the way. 

Trickett has a shot, he has Saban connections, recruits well and his offense is not terrible dissimilar to Kiffs.

Always want Allen to have a role, and our RBs did really well this year. 

Bell would be a nice keeper, best recruiter on our staff.
Back to the top

teambeer said

LK repeatedly stated the CEO of the team vision, I don't expect him to call plays, he'll develop the OC and get out of the way. 

Trickett has a shot, he has Saban connections, recruits well and his offense is not terrible dissimilar to Kiffs.

Always want Allen to have a role, and our RBs did really well this year. 

Bell would be a nice keeper, best recruiter on our staff.

Posted On: Dec 13th 2016, 6:30 PM #364586

Kiffin will call plays.

That's what the man was born to do and this is his last shot of being a head coach I'd be shocked if he let someone else dial plays up.
Back to the top

Unless he's smokescreening for a reason, he repeatedly said things like "in the past I got too focused on the x's n o's" and how he learned he needs to be CEO from a Saban.

Listen, I'd love for him to playcall, he's awesome but perhaps he's approaching this from a different angle. 
Back to the top

teambeer said

…he repeatedly said things like "in the past I got too focused on the x's n o's" and how he learned he needs to be CEO from a Saban.
Posted On: Dec 13th 2016, 6:52 PM #364588

You actually listened to the press conference I see…

Bravo.

:cool:
Back to the top
Control functions: