Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin's Coaching Staff

d-owl said

Charlie Weis, Jr. leaving – going to the Falcons. Can't be mad at him for that. Good luck!
Posted On: Feb 17th 2017, 11:46 AM #367136

Didn't we recently hire Perkins? Think he may replace Weis Jr?
Back to the top

Spoke with the kid (he's 23) at a recent event.  Pretty impressive for his age.  I think we will be hearing of him in the future, and he is definitely not coasting on his fathers name.
Back to the top

Congrats to him. Amazing that our "former" coaches from the Kiffin era are being recruited away by THE NFL! FAU and Coach K have raided the level, we shall see that on the field as well!
Back to the top

Sounds like we hired another Trickett. Per Bruce Feldman Clint Trickett will be the new Tight ends coach.
Back to the top

Nice, not a bad hire!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Congrats to him. Amazing that our "former" coaches from the Kiffin era are being recruited away by THE NFL! FAU and Coach K have raided the level, we shall see that on the field as well!
Posted On: Feb 17th 2017, 2:23 PM #367149

I think Charlie Weis Jr., will become a superstar coach in several years. Really impressed by his resume at such a young age.

Charlie Partridge also had one of his FAU assistants, Nick Caley, leave for the NFL's New England Patriots a couple of years ago.

Great to have coaches who others value.  People always like to worry about whether a head coach will leave for greener pastures, yet I don't think we have ever had a head coach in any sport leave for a higher profile job except for maybe Doherty in basketball who went to SMU. I welcome the possibility of getting coaches who do such a great job that others want to steal from us.  Then it's up to us to try and keep them.  It means we are headed in the right direction.
Back to the top

Another positive for FAU is the CONTINUED FREE PRESS we are getting;

Atlanta Falcons hire Alabama staffer-turned-FAU coach Charlie Weis Jr. | CollegeFootballTalk

Good for Weis Jr. to get an NFL shot and good for FAU - FREE POSITIVE PUBLICITY!

And Coach K - good get on the replacement, from a good football family as well!
Back to the top

MORE FREE PRESS FOR FAU;

GA passing on Alabama for on-field spot with Kiffin, FAU

COACK K KEEPIN US IN THE NATIONAL SPOTLIGHT!
Back to the top

Monte Kiffin is apparently joining fau in some capicity 
Back to the top

This staff is just ridiculous.

If we don't win at least six games next season I would be absolutely shocked.

Back to the top
Control functions: