Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin's Coaching Staff

Rick said

This staff is just ridiculous.

If we don't win at least six games next season I would be absolutely shocked.

Posted On: Mar 3rd 2017, 2:13 PM #367459

+1.  Honestly, I think with the talent and coaching we have, anything less than 8 and a bowl game is underwhelming.  
Back to the top

Eight ? Man that is a stretch. Lets shoot for bowl eligibility.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Mar 3rd 2017, 2:49 PM #367466
Eight (8) is doable with losses to Wisconsin, MTSU, WKU and La Tech. All the others are winable as are even  the 3 conference losses I mention above IF we play up to the competition! and actually the only wins I count that are questionable is at ODU and home vs. Navy, so 6 wins MINIMUM to me.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Navy
Wisconsin
Bethune
Buffalo
MTSU
ODU
NT
WKU
LTU
FIU
Charlotte

We should not lose 5 games on that list.  
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Local Owl said

Eight (8) is doable with losses to Wisconsin, MTSU, WKU and La Tech. All the others are winable as are even  the 3 conference losses I mention above IF we play up to the competition! and actually the only wins I count that are questionable is at ODU and home vs. Navy, so 6 wins MINIMUM to me.
Posted On: Mar 3rd 2017, 3:01 PM #367469

Honestly, aside from Wisconsin, there isn't a team that we play with more than a negligible amount more talent than us or a better coaching staff.  If we lose 5, we got upset somewhere.
Back to the top

Navy is in the mix because they run a non conventional offense…anytime you see that you either take advantage of it or it takes advantage of you…there is no in between. I am not sold we will be able to sop them on the ground yet.

And let's not forget Bethune, because the band will be making tackles that game when the 250+ piece wind section cranks up and sound waves bounce off the side of the tower.

:Scared:  :Scared:  :Scared:
Back to the top

Rick said

And let's not forget Bethune, because the band will be making tackles that game when the 250+ piece wind section cranks up and sound waves bounce off the side of the tower.

Posted On: Mar 3rd 2017, 4:31 PM #367478

Do they really travel with their band?
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Mar 3rd 2017, 3:01 PM #367469
Why are WKU and LA Tech loses?

WKU has a new coach another new QB and lost maybe the best RB,WR, and LT in the conference.

We are adding a bunch can play now talent and the good players we have now will be elevated because we will not have Bret Belima's 9th assistant leading the way.

8 in the regular at least expectation.
Back to the top

Rick said

Navy is in the mix because the run a non conventional offense…anytime you see that you either take advantage of it or it takes advantage of you…there is no in between. I am not sold we will be able to sop them on the ground yet.

I am giving us a partial shot to slow down the offense because we have 8 months to prepare to face it. If we only had a week to prepare I would be having nightmares worst than I already am about the 600 yards that could be run against us. 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Rick said

Navy is in the mix because the run a non conventional offense…anytime you see that you either take advantage of it or it takes advantage of you…there is no in between. I am not sold we will be able to sop them on the ground yet.

I am giving us a partial shot to slow down the offense because we have 8 months to prepare to face it. If we only had a week to prepare I would be having nightmares worst than I already am about the 600 yards that could be run against us. 
Posted On: Mar 3rd 2017, 4:45 PM #367487

Playing Navy is fun, but football wise never schedule a triple option team.
Through spring practice they will have to stop all the normal defensive practice and work on stuff they will only see once this year.
ND couldn't force Navy to punt once in a game this year…..
Back to the top
Control functions: