Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin signs a long term deal!

owlsdad said

Based on the comments on lots of the threads…
Posted On: Jan 9th 2018, 11:46 AM #376228
Those are some great points. What if we become that school that cares a lot about football and we already I think have the biggest staff payroll in C-USA, what if that got bumped up as has mentioned here before to AAC type money. And with a big buyout and a president who cares about football, things are looking really good for the future.
Back to the top

West Boca News, of all sources, looks into it and finds:

Still No Signed Extension for Kiffin

FAU has mentioned on several occasions that Kiffin's presence here transcends football and keeps the university in the national spotlight, drives up admissions and local interest, etc… so I'm hoping this is taking awhile because FAU is realizing they are paying him far too little for what he's worth and are trying to find the money to up his salary.
Back to the top

I hope you are right, but as time passes it looks more and more like a publicity stunt. I think the salary is pretty much irrelevant as far as what FAU can afford compared to other schools. The aspect  I would like to see increased is the buyout. 
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

West Boca News, of all sources, looks into it and finds:

Still No Signed Extension for Kiffin

FAU has mentioned on several occasions that Kiffin's presence here transcends football and keeps the university in the national spotlight, drives up admissions and local interest, etc… so I'm hoping this is taking awhile because FAU is realizing they are paying him far too little for what he's worth and are trying to find the money to up his salary.
Posted On: May 5th 2018, 9:28 AM #378215

That's not a news site… It's a realtor… I think there are what four "articles"  total? Lol
Back to the top

Rick said

That's not a news site… It's a realtor… I think there are what four "articles"  total? Lol
Posted On: May 5th 2018, 1:05 PM #378217
What gave it away, the giant realtor banner?  :Big-Grin:

Seeing a lot more of this lately where people will post a "Boca gets ranked as one of the best places in the U.S. to live!" in the form a Buzzfeed-ish list and you can tell it's from people who are just trying to sell houses in and around Boca.

But it's nice to see someone, even the realtors, asking FAU what's going on with this because the local media isn't doing that for some reason (then again, maybe they know it's a publicity stunt and aren't following up on it for that reason)
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

(then again, maybe they know it's a publicity stunt and aren't following up on it for that reason)
Posted On: May 5th 2018, 2:21 PM #378218

B-I-N-G-O, and Bingo was his name-o.

:Yawn:

Back to the top

If enough money can't be raised by FAU to keep Lane and his staff here, I say we take a cue from church and pass around the offering plate at halftime…
Back to the top

Back to the top

Just about to post that - real good article and the video too!

C'mon FAU - SIGN THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can't afford NOT TO IMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

I can only imagine the millions Kiffin brings FAU in a given year.  We will never be able to outpay the perennial contenders, but if we can at least make him reconsider going to a middling team in a P5 conference, that could buy us some time.  For example I think Pruitt is making $3.5 at Tennessee, we need to figure out the number where that's not a big enough raise to leave.  Then of course we need to find that money.
Back to the top
Control functions: