Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin signs a long term deal!

One million in Boca Raton Florida vs 4 million in Knoxville Tennessee is a huge difference. Lane's life style may not change much. But it will really benefit the future life style of his kids. Even a failing coach lasts three seasons. That could be a huge pay day. I hope we have Lane till he has a statue next to Howard's. But I'm sure he and his agent  have a long term plan.
Back to the top

Exactly, he will wait for the big pay day and I think we are talking about 12-15 guaranteed over 3 year.  That’s a big difference than 980k per year.  Even if he fails, which I don’t believe he will he and his kids are set.  I don’t think he’ll get that type of offer after this year unless we go undefeated which I don’t see happening with OU to open but there is a slim chance.  Not to mention UCF but that is a complete unknown with an entirely new staff.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Agree. Not being a downer. Just being a realist.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Exactly, he will wait for the big pay day and I think we are talking about 12-15 guaranteed over 3 year.  That’s a big difference than 980k per year.  Even if he fails, which I don’t believe he will he and his kids are set.  I don’t think he’ll get that type of offer after this year unless we go undefeated which I don’t see happening with OU to open but there is a slim chance.  Not to mention UCF but that is a complete unknown with an entirely new staff.
Posted On: May 13th 2018, 12:33 PM #378301

I agree that he will likely chase the money at some point. I don't think he needs to, or that his lifestyle will change. He is probably pretty well set financially. He has already held multiple high profile jobs with big salaries upward of $500K per year. People seem to be diminishing what a $1 million per year salary is. He will make more in three years at FAU than most people do in their entire lives.

Again, I am not predicting what he will do. I am just trying to point out that $1 million per year salary with pretty low expectations is a very good situation to be in.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

The guy says he's not motivated by money anymore in a very candid interview and we then spend two days discussing why he will leave for money… 

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Rick said

The guy says he's not motivated by money anymore in a very candid interview and we then spend two days discussing why he will leave for money… 

Posted On: May 13th 2018, 4:15 PM #378304

Summer doldrums.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Remember, the Baseball Owls are still winning , even with a pitching staff that is mix and match. Still in second place. I don't want to guess where we would be IF the staff had stayed healthy.  16 more weeks till football.
Back to the top

Rick said

Posted On: May 13th 2018, 4:15 PM #378304
Please tell me you don’t actually believe believe that.  Seriously Rick?😳

He doesn’t care between 1m and 2m, he definitely cares between 1m and 5m per year. C’mon dude.

Enjoy him while he’s here, again I believe longer than most of our opponents think.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Again, here is the reason I say he won't leave for money:

“I’m not driven by money anymore."  “I’m not driven by ego, of the attention being a head coach at one of those places. I’m very happy here on all fronts."

"The only drive is when you do see Kirby [Smart], you see Coach [Nick] Saban walk out on that field before the game, the national championship, holding that trophy. It’s the drive of, OK, I get to play against the best, let’s see if I can beat the best.

"It’s different. That would not be what I would have answered even five years ago. Because your ego — once you get rid of that, you have different motivations.”

The White Elephant in the room (forum) is a powerhouse program possibly offering him a head job…Michigan, UF, UT, Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Penn State, or Clemson.

Who else would he leave for - seriously?? And is THAT going to happen? I mean, yes, it could. But I don't see it right now.

Given that, I just take people at their word until they prove that is not reliable…

Any other program would not align to what he says he is motivated by.

Like you, i am glad he is here…

Back to the top

There is no way that he would turn down a multi year contract at 4-5 million per year. Period.
Back to the top
Control functions: