Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin signs a long term deal!

I was reading that the buyout has to be proportional to the salary though I don't know what the average initial base salary:buyout ratio is… 1:3? 1:4?

I am really surprised by the new contract. The way FAU talks about what Kiffin brings here, I was almost wondering if his salary would double. But of course I don't know where that money would come from. Only FAU truly knows what they could pay.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

I was reading that the buyout has to be proportional to the salary though I don't know what the average initial base salary:buyout ratio is… 1:3? 1:4?

I am really surprised by the new contract. The way FAU talks about what Kiffin brings here, I was almost wondering if his salary would double. But of course I don't know where that money would come from. Only FAU truly knows what they could pay.

Posted On: Jun 26th 2018, 10:29 AM #378946

If we had a donor it would be a mute point…unfortunately, we aren't like the Alabama's and Clemson's of the world where someone would just write a check to cover a $1M raise.
Back to the top

Hey Rick I know you have been busy but I just wanted to let you know I am really looking forward to the next podcast for updates on the contract and the new players who are now enrolled for the Fall and any new updates you may have.

Thanks!

Go Owls!
Back to the top

I've never been on the podcast,  so will let the guys respond!
Back to the top

Need LSU and orgeron to be successful this year.  That is the one sec program that could open up and look at Kiffin if things go south this season.  One of the few jobs that would be intriguing enough to leave the intracoastal waterway life.  
Back to the top

Roscoeowl said

Need LSU and orgeron to be successful this year.  That is the one sec program that could open up and look at Kiffin if things go south this season.  One of the few jobs that would be intriguing enough to leave the intracoastal waterway life.  
Posted On: Jul 22nd 2018, 4:37 PM #379171

Oregon ***probably*** would be a little gun shy to have another coaching search again so quickly.  Of course with all the money involved - who knows.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Roscoeowl said

Oregon ***probably*** would be a little gun shy to have another coaching search again so quickly.  Of course with all the money involved - who knows.
Posted On: Jul 23rd 2018, 8:23 AM #379174

Not sure if you thought I misspelled Oregon, I was speaking of Ed Ogeron (probably misspelled it again) head coach of LSU.  Either way, agree on the Oregon points.  
Back to the top

Would be crazy for them to fire him in year 2, but you’re right, that’s the job opening that makes me most nervous. I love coach o so I’d like to see him have success but I can’t fathom they can him after less than 20 games. It’s next year we have to worry about, if by then he’s not playing for an SEC Championship they’ll be tired of him and it’s the perfect job for Lane. They don’t mind a coach with quirks, he gets to fight Lord Saban yearly, money, talent.

If it happens, it means Lane did it again, a good problem to have. 

The big win for us there is that Lane establishes to the coaching world that you can win at FAU. It’s no longer the job it once was, our applicant pool gets significantly better after him thanks to our success. 
Back to the top

Roscoeowl said

owlsdad said

Roscoeowl said

Posted On: Jul 23rd 2018, 8:23 AM #379174

Not sure if you thought I misspelled Oregon, I was speaking of Ed Ogeron (probably misspelled it again) head coach of LSU.  Either way, agree on the Oregon points.  
Posted On: Jul 23rd 2018, 9:22 AM #379175

Actually, I was reading on my phone and didn't pay close enough attention 😀
Back to the top
Control functions: