Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin to Ole Miss

Kiffin to Ole Miss

Back to the top

yeah it's happening…. just saw it on ESPN as well….. all but official…

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Just so you know, this is the guy everyone is trusting on the report: https://www.si.com/college/2016/12/08/houston-cougars-head-coach-lane-kiffin

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Jim Leavitt leaves fsu.  I wouldn't be upset if he lands in boca.
Back to the top

jfann21 said

Kiffin to Ole Miss

Posted On: Dec 6th 2019, 10:41 PM #391582

Just saw this story. Oh well. If it was just Arkansas going after Lane I think we had a shot to keep him here at FAU. Once Ole Miss expressed interest in Lane also I knew it was an uphill battle to keep him. The SEC draw is probably too hard for Lane to turn down.  
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Dec 7th 2019, 6:15 AM #391590

I think we need a younger coach. If you look at the successful G5 programs, the head coaches tend to be in their 40's or younger. The exception to this would be the tenured coaches who have been with the same program for some time (think Doc or Rick). We don't need no stinkin' retread…as someone put it. For assistants, retreads are fine but not for the head football coach.

At the G5 level we need a head coach that can relate to the recruits. We need Lane Kiffin….
Back to the top

cbboarder said

Local Owl said

I think we need a younger coach. If you look at the successful G5 programs, the head coaches tend to be in their 40's or younger. The exception to this would be the tenured coaches who have been with the same program for some time (think Doc or Rick). We don't need no stinkin' retread…as someone put it. For assistants, retreads are fine but not for the head football coach.

At the G5 level we need a head coach that can relate to the recruits. We need Lane Kiffin….
Posted On: Dec 7th 2019, 9:18 AM #391595

Joe
Brady

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

I say we steal Lance Leipold from Buffalo. Young energetic recruits well.  Is turning that program around. 
Back to the top

All I can say has is even if FAU could pay Kiffin millions, he will never get a chance for a national championship at FAU. I Guess that means more to him than living on the intercoastal in Boca Raton. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

cbboarder said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Dec 7th 2019, 9:18 AM #391595

Lane was a retread 
Back to the top
Control functions: