Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Looking to 2011

Re: Looking to 2011

Looking to 2011

Rick said

Be a part of History as Florida Atlantic (0-4) opens FAU Stadium at Schnellenberger Field this Satarday, October 15th, 2011 against Louisiana-Monroe.

While neither our record or opponent will attract many fans to the game; going 0-3 to Florida, Auburn and  Michigan State doesn't mean the end of the world. FIU started 0-4 against BCS teams and they went on to win the conference title.
Back to the top

Captain said

Rick said

Be a part of History as Florida Atlantic (0-4) opens FAU Stadium at Schnellenberger Field this Satarday, October 15th, 2011 against Louisiana-Monroe.

While neither our record or opponent will attract many fans to the game; going 0-3 to Florida, Auburn and  Michigan State doesn't mean the end of the world. FIU started 0-4 against BCS teams and they went on to win the conference title.

Agree.

On a side note, Im not sure I would want to win the starting QB job behind our OLine against those 3 schools on the road to start the season.  Have the ambulance on standby.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Captain said

Exit39 said

those aren't starter numbers. its average at best.

That's cause both of those guys haven't started a single game. Williams was used as a backup TE, and Richardson was the 3rd wideout on the team, and freshman to boot. Both guys saw little time on the field this season, cause Housler, Jean and Avery got a majority of the time.

Both of these guys will put up impressive number as starters next season.
 How can Richardson not pass Holly of the depth chart Holly was awful so what dose that say about Richardson.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

How can Richardson not pass Holly of the depth chart Holly was awful so what dose that say about Richardson.

Agreed. Holly was garbage this year. But Holly is also a Senior, and Coach isn't going to put a freshman like Richardson in over a Senior. Coach is old school like that.
Back to the top

Captain said

Rick said

True, good point…
Back to the top

Captain said

owlcountry40 said

Agreed. Holly was garbage this year. But Holly is also a Senior, and Coach isn't going to put a freshman like Richardson in over a Senior. Coach is old school like that.

And should be IMO, unless the talent gap is huge which I dont think it was.

Back to the top

Captain said

owlcountry40 said

And that my friends is why we cannot recruit ANY highly ranked or rated  players on this team, no decent player is willing to sit a year OR TWO behind a freakin walk-on! How Holly is a starter is one of life's biggest mysteries to me, HE CONTRIBUTES NOTHING AND NEVER HAS and his producton numbers prove this out.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Captain said

owlcountry40 said

And that my friends is why we cannot recruit ANY highly ranked or rated  players on this team, no decent player is willing to sit a year OR TWO behind a freakin walk-on! How Holly is a starter is one of life's biggest mysteries to me, HE CONTRIBUTES NOTHING AND NEVER HAS and his producton numbers prove this out.

Avery Holley is not a walk on, in fact he was the Broward 6A athlete of the year coming out of highschool.

I dont think offering incoming freshman playing time is the answer to our problems.

Back to the top

You guys want to talk stars all the time, Holley is a perfect example of a complete bust, we actually pulled a coup when we got him, ONLY because we were going to let him play both basketball and football and every other "big" program was only offering him a scholly for one sport. That's why the star system sucks, that kid was going to change our program, a mini Charles Ward…look what we ended up with.
Back to the top

I'd like to see Kooi start next yr but Wilbert seems to fit the pro style better…Also I still really wish we had Jean for one more yr but he made contributions in 07 so I cant fault coach for not RS him
Back to the top
Control functions: