Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Looking to Next Season, Oklahoma, others...

Speaking of our schedule, I think we have a real chance to knock off Oklahoma. Our team hasn't trailed in 5 straight games overall and for the last 6 home games also. I love our team and I know a lot come back and they're a lot better than people think. Gotta take care of business against Akron and let's hope for a good turnout.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Speaking of our schedule, I think we have a real chance to knock off Oklahoma. Our team hasn't trailed in 5 straight games overall and for the last 6 home games also. I love our team and I know a lot come back and they're a lot better than people think. Gotta take care of business against Akron and let's hope for a good turnout.
Posted On: Dec 13th 2017, 5:16 PM #375283

Since 2000' OU has lost only 9 games at home 7 were to teams in the top 10 at the time and only 2 were out of conference and that was Ohio State and ND.

Yea so we might be fun good G5 team, but do not even get a little of your hopes up for that one.

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

[Since 2000' OU has lost only 9 games at home 7 were to teams in the top 10 at the time and only 2 were out of conference and that was Ohio State and ND.

Yea so we might be fun good G5 team, but do not even get a little of your hopes up for that one.

Agree.  We are having a nice season, but really we have smoked all the C-USA teams but lost to 2 teams we all thought were going to be good to decent at the start of this season.  And I hate to think about it, but we did lose to Buffalo.  I know we are a very different team now versus then, and we certainly would beat Buffalo and I'd like our chances playing Navy in the 6th or 7th game instead of the first one.  But OU is going to reload and trot-out a team probably more talented and more athletic players than what we saw at Wisconsin.  I know they lose Mayfield, but they'll have plenty of talent all over the field.

Even with all we have coming back, we could still easily start next season at 2-2 with the OU and UCF games.  Both programs lose important pieces (QB and Coach), but they will still be plenty good.  We can easily end-up with a very similar record in 2018 with even a better team.  Regardless, I'll pull for us in all of them and guess I'll settle for ***only*** 10 wins or so  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

I'm just saying that even with the 9 straight wins and all the publicity, I still think our team is very underrated. We've got a legit team right now. We'll see what happens when the game starts. One thing for sure is that the Oklahoma game will have a ton of hype and will get huge tv ratings. They lost at home to Iowa State this year, a 7-5 team that lost to West Virginia, Kansas State, and Texas. And they lose Mayfield.
Back to the top

The owls will have a lot of momentum going into next season. They didn’t have any momentum going into this season. They got pounded in a few games in 2016 and I feel they entered the 2017 season lacking confidence and a feeling things hadn’t changed. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

The thing about OU on the road is we have nothing to lose.

I'm not saying we're going to win.  That is obviously a Herculean task.  However, I think they wish they were playing somebody else and we are going to compete.  

That alone is a long way from where we were.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

It's going to be hard waiting another year before we can play that level of competition. Be really curious to see how we'd do now that we're firing on all cylinders.

Kiffin said earlier in the season how he wished the Navy and Wisconsin games were later in the year. This would have been an amazing year to have played Florida in November. But that's not how the schedule was setup. It is what it is.
Back to the top

Yeah I’m not going into the Oklahoma game expecting to win, but I think if we’re ever to pull the major upset it’s that game. First game of the year, team loses their heisman Qb. We have the majority of the team coming back. And I plan on being there if that miracle happens. 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Yeah I’m not going into the Oklahoma game expecting to win, but I think if we’re ever to pull the major upset it’s that game. First game of the year, team loses their heisman Qb. We have the majority of the team coming back. And I plan on being there if that miracle happens. 
Posted On: Dec 14th 2017, 7:07 AM #375295

OU's back up QB has some amazing numbers this year, granted in part time work;

Kyler Murray | Oklahoma Sooners | College Football | Yahoo! Sports

Forgot he transferred in from A&M.
Back to the top

One thing that interests me besides Oklahoma having a new QB is their new coach Lincoln Riley. He's only making $3 million this year, I'd assume because his resume isn't yet built up. But, this season Riley is winning, however, it's possible he's just winning with Bob Stoops' players, and of course Mayfield. Maybe next season is the season where Riley is put to the test, with a new QB and some of Stoops' players leaving, whether due to graduation or leaving early for the pros. Also, the situation at UCF is very interesting, as far as us winning that game. Josh Heupel has never been a head coach before, and has to build his own staff from scratch as Frost took everyone with him to Nebraska. That's not easy to do for Heupel, who is unproven. From a coaching standpoint, we seem to have a huge advantage over UCF and I think that bodes well for our chances. UCF could lose 4-6 games next year.
Back to the top
Control functions: