Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Looking to Next Season, Oklahoma, others...

GeorgiaOwl said

DeltAlumnus said

Yeah I’m not going into the Oklahoma game expecting to win, but I think if we’re ever to pull the major upset it’s that game. First game of the year, team loses their heisman Qb. We have the majority of the team coming back. And I plan on being there if that miracle happens. 
Posted On: Dec 14th 2017, 7:07 AM #375295

OU's back up QB has some amazing numbers this year, granted in part time work;

Kyler Murray | Oklahoma Sooners | College Football | Yahoo! Sports

Forgot he transferred in from A&M.
Posted On: Dec 14th 2017, 1:42 PM #375313

he was the #1 QB in his recruiting class… dual threat. kid's pretty good.
Back to the top

Regardless, I will be in Norman.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

I have never been to Norman. But this may give me a reason to go. Friday to Sunday with a win in between.
Back to the top

Our team is going to be amazing next year.  We will miss Woods and Solomon, but the defensive side is loaded and of course Motor…With that said, Oklahoma will be favored by at least 2 scores
Back to the top

Air fare 273 to Ok city. Need to rent car to get to Norman. Closest hotels to stadium is 2-3 miles. Stay Friday -Sat. . Leave Sunday. Two people with Hotel and game tickets..about $1200. Best hotels in town are around 200 a night.
Back to the top

owlmart said

Our team is going to be amazing next year.  We will miss Woods and Solomon, but the defensive side is loaded and of course Motor…With that said, Oklahoma will be favored by at least 2 scores
Posted On: Dec 14th 2017, 7:12 PM #375329

:cool: I can't wait to see how our team looks after another off season.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I have never been to Norman. But this may give me a reason to go. Friday to Sunday with a win in between.
Posted On: Dec 14th 2017, 6:39 PM #375328

Lived there for three years, right down the street from the Stadium…low key, great game day atmosphere.

People show up days ahead in their travel trailers.
Back to the top

Apparently the players have a "beat Oklahoma" sign and it's a countdown in days hours, etc. to the game lol. Some people articles talk about the game saying we should expect a loss and others say OU doesn't want to play us and it could be close. I'll take the later.  :cool: Also, a lot of mention about the UCF game which really looks like a potential W.
Back to the top

UCF does not lose a lot of players but have a 100% new Coaching staff - will be interesting as they had NO D this year! They lose only 1 on O (OL) and 3 on the D (2 of 3 DL!) and their star LB. IF our new OL Coach and fill our holes will run blockers for our backs, we WILL run and score on them.

Oklahoma loses 4 on O (Heisman QB Mayfield, 2 WR's and 1 OL but 6 on D! IF we can score 30+ we can hang with em and who knows….
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

UCF does not lose a lot of players but have a 100% new Coaching staff - will be interesting as they had NO D this year! They lose only 1 on O (OL) and 3 on the D (2 of 3 DL!) and their star LB. IF our new OL Coach and fill our holes will run blockers for our backs, we WILL run and score on them.

Oklahoma loses 4 on O (Heisman QB Mayfield, 2 WR's and 1 OL but 6 on D! IF we can score 30+ we can hang with em and who knows….
Posted On: Dec 21st 2017, 1:44 PM #375797

It's quite a task for sure, I can't help think what it would mean to FAU if we were to somehow beat OU. It would be unbelievable.
Back to the top
Control functions: