Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Looking to Next Season, Oklahoma, others...

GeorgiaOwl said

An ESPN story on next year's playoff new contenders;

Ohio State Buckeyes Auburn Tigers ready to crash College Football Playoff

W are in story (sort of) in Group of 5 section at bottom (where else for Group of 5!!!). But nice to be mentioned still!!!!!
Posted On: Dec 26th 2017, 4:12 PM #375926

I'm surprised we aren't the G5 front runner. This narrative will change as we climb into the polls and UCF gets blasted hopefully by Auburn. And offseason articles will be about us not Boise St. Let's see how many reporters want to travel to Boise this offseason compared to Boca. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

GeorgiaOwl said

W are in story (sort of) in Group of 5 section at bottom (where else for Group of 5!!!). But nice to be mentioned still!!!!!

I'm surprised we aren't the G5 front runner. This narrative will change as we climb into the polls and UCF gets blasted hopefully by Auburn. And offseason articles will be about us not Boise St. Let's see how many reporters want to travel to Boise this offseason compared to Boca. 
Posted On: Dec 26th 2017, 5:25 PM #375927

Doesn't really help us if UCF get blasted by Auburn.  We play UCF next year. The winner gets the most attention, the loser doesn't.  If UCF gets blasted by Auburn and then we lose to UCF, well…let's root for UCF against Auburn and then beat them next year. Best scenario.

Back to the top

fauowl said

jgf2017 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Dec 26th 2017, 5:25 PM #375927

Doesn't really help us if UCF get blasted by Auburn.  We play UCF next year. The winner gets the most attention, the loser doesn't.  If UCF gets blasted by Auburn and then we lose to UCF, well…let's root for UCF against Auburn and then beat them next year. Best scenario.

Posted On: Dec 26th 2017, 8:32 PM #375929
Root for UCF, them getting killed only hurts G5 schools and only reinforces the "these schools do not belong" narrative.
We will get some nice offseason attention, but some of you guys are acting like we are the first G5 to win 11 games.
Look at the 2015 WKU team went 12-2 killed C-USA finished the season beating a good USF team and ranked 25th in the AP.
They returned most starters and started the 2016 season ranked in the 60's by most outlets. It does not matter how much coverage we get or how good we might truly be we will be slighted in the preseason rankings.

WKU also had another great 2016, but the coach left and back to oblivion they went because they hired a coach who was not ready.
So just enjoy the winning and have fun stop looking at the big big picture because these things tend not to last long in the G5 world.
Back to the top

It's funny apparently in 2015 WKU dominated everyone in C-USA, besides a 3 point win against La Tech, they crushed everyone else, like we did. Maybe UCF winning is good for us, if they're ranked when we play them that'll be cool. Next year, the excitement is already here. What an amazing off season it will be for us. Our school will become even more of a household name, because the media attention the whole off season leading up to Oklahoma will be crazy. And just to think, who knows, it really looks like a possible upset. With OU having 10 new starters, new QB and WR's.

Back to the top

Household name is still a bit of a stretch.  I frequently talk to friends and family about where my daughter goes to school, and until I say Kiffin is the coach most of them don't know it - but as soon as I tell them they say that is great, or didn't you guys have a good season, or something like that.  As others mentioned, we aren't in the top-25 and forget about other past C-USA good teams - there are other 10 and 11-win teams this year not getting that much attention.  We need to just enjoy this while it lasts, and to make any real noise we need to play really well against Oklahoma and beat UCF.  To get in the top-25 next year at minimum we have to be 3-1 in OOC games because right or wrong nobody will respect anything we do in conference (they didn't this year and it will be expected for us to win the conference in 2018).
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

It's funny apparently in 2015 WKU dominated everyone in C-USA, besides a 3 point win against La Tech, they crushed everyone else, like we did. Maybe UCF winning is good for us, if they're ranked when we play them that'll be cool. Next year, the excitement is already here. What an amazing off season it will be for us. Our school will become even more of a household name, because the media attention the whole off season leading up to Oklahoma will be crazy. And just to think, who knows, it really looks like a possible upset. With OU having 10 new starters, new QB and WR's.

Posted On: Dec 27th 2017, 1:41 AM #375933

Yeah we’re probably not even a household Name in the tri-county south Florida. 
Back to the top

We need to have 5 years like the one with just had...in a row... even after LK leaves to become a boise state, which is still struggling to be a name.

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

I am a owl said

…boise state, which is still struggling to be a name.
Posted On: Dec 27th 2017, 9:10 AM #375940

Maybe we get a red field…at least ducks wouldn't be crashing into it.

:Laughing:
Back to the top

I am a owl said

We need to have 5 years like the one with just had…in a row… even after LK leaves to become a boise state, which is still struggling to be a name.

Yep - this is bigger than Lane.

Lane was an extremely important hire, no question.  But for the "big big" picture I have a feeling it will be our next hire at HC that will be the most important in the programs history.

Boise State is always going to struggle to a degree - they are in Idaho.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Rick said

I am a owl said

…boise state, which is still struggling to be a name.

Maybe we get a red field…at least ducks wouldn't be crashing into it.

:Laughing:
Posted On: Dec 27th 2017, 9:49 AM #375941

I think a sand colored field with Navy blue hash marks and yard lines and ocean blue end zones would be awesome…

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top
Control functions: