Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Louisville @ Miami 10/14

Louisville @ Miami 10/14

This game should be called the Schnellenberger Bowl. Two formerly downtrodden programs that Howard revived face off in a top 20 matchup on prime time on ESPN. I can't wait to get down there.

Any of the FAU fans interested at all in this game given Schnellenberger's background? Howard and FAU certainly have a lot of fans at UofL. I was at the UL/UNC game a week or so ago, and I even saw one of the UofL fans wearing an FAU hat. Someday soon I hope we see FAU visit Papa John's Cardinal Stadium in Louisville (nicknamed "the House that Howie Built" by many of our fans) for a game. Howard would get an ovation you probably wouldn't even believe before that game if it came to pass.

In that vein, I think your athletic department had a real screw-up in scheduling this year. There are going to be several thousand Louisville fans down in South Florida the weekend of the 16th for the Thursday night UL/UM game. Given some of the attendance problems you guys are having, there's NO WAY your team should be in Colorado that weekend. I think you easily could have seen a few hundred Louisville fans come over to take in the FAU if they had been in town that weekend. Oh well.

Good luck with your program, and know that there are a lot of Owl fans in Kentucky.
Back to the top

Louisville @ Miami 10/14

Welcome to the board GoCards. I've seen a lot of Cane attire at FAU games. I can't put a number on it but I'm sure that some FAU/UM fans will be there.
Coach Schnell has done a remarkable job with FAU. If we can only be half as successful as UM and Louisville I'd be happy.

AS for the scheduling: We had a D1-AA contract to fulfill with several teams. That in conjunction with the Sun Belt games scheduling (which is out of our control) probably didn't leave a lot of room to negotiate particular dates based on visiting teams to the area.

Stay in Florida for awhile and help our attendance with the UL Monroe game.. ;)
Back to the top

Louisville @ Miami 10/14

welcome GoCards… good point, that never even crossed my mind, but I do think they sould make a schnellenberger bowl for those two teams.. It would be a great plablicity stunt and sure to make some $$$$
Back to the top

Louisville @ Miami 10/14

Maybe if we could email our friendly neighborhood sportswriters leading up to the Miami-Louisville game, then we could get Schnellenberger (FAU) some free publicity. I think that will be easier to do, if we continue to win until then. ;)
Back to the top
Control functions: