Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

McNeal?

What's going on with the lack of snaps for McNeal at WR?
Back to the top

A better question might be what's going on with the lack of a passing game…

I mean we tried, but that was with Parr.

Not the same with Driskel.
Back to the top

Good point Rick.
Back to the top

McNeal is a beast and was recruited by every top D-1 school in the nation coming out of HS. Has next level ability; just we would capitalize on him!
Back to the top

Wondered about this too but figured it was primarily the lack of passing game too BUT we are throwing to some guys (like Wright) so not sure why McNeal isn't one of those.
Back to the top

Rick said

A better question might be what's going on with the lack of a passing game…

I mean we tried, but that was with Parr.

Not the same with Driskel.
Posted On: Nov 6th 2017, 8:35 AM #372852

Well for one The Baylor is a running offense. They ran an avg of 65 percent of the time anyways.
Also Driskle is a game manager who gets us in the right play calls and moves the ball. Can he make some more throws? Probably, but why even try we are scoring arose around 47 points a game in conference. No point to start slinging the ball around and make mistakes. We have won the last two games because good veteran QB’s have turned it over. In the end these guys are college QB’s and they will make mistakes. Good coaches don’t put players in position to lose games. 

Remember Buffalo at home when we came out were outgainning them and they had a fumble return for a TD and went we went down.

Well instead of running Buddy and Jay Warren like we had success with we panicked and sling the ball around and Driskle made mistakes.

Now would I want to a better passing game so we are not so one demsional, but it’s not in the cards this year.
Back to the top

I still feel like the lack of a real passing game can be trouble in at least one of these next few games. There were long offensive lulls in the Marshall game where they were stuffing the run and the short dump offs to Wright, and we couldn't move the ball. The trick play - Driskel/Solomon/Singletary seemed to ignite us and got us moving again. Teams seem to wear down in the 4th quarter even if they have done a good job with Singletary to that point. I just hate having weapons at the WR position and they don't get targeted at all. If it means winning though, so be it. Just feel against a good run stopping defense this can come back to hurt us.

Back to the top

d-owl - great point, same thing that scares me as well.
Back to the top

I don't worry quite so much about the passing game. The staff has shown that the'll adjust to our strengths, which right now is the running game. We've got the most prolific running back in the country right now, so we're going to run the ball a lot. If the passing game was our strength, we'd play to that, and run the ball a lot less. Kiff has shown that he's great at adjusting to the personnel that he has. He did it at USC, Bama, and now FAU. If we're able to put up 50 or 60 points by running the ball, we're going to win a lot of games. Especially when our defense is as good as it has been lately.
Back to the top

This bums me out so much.  He's an awesome guy and I'd love to see him with some gaudy stats.
Back to the top
Control functions: