Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Motor and the NFL

Guys, I love Motor, my wife loves Motor, we all do! But he is LUCKY to be a 6th or 7th round pick! And yesterday did not help him in ANY way at all! From a "Heisman" candidate longshot to and NFL 3rd day draft pick hopeful sucks for him, but that is how I see it!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Guys, I love Motor, my wife loves Motor, we all do! But he is LUCKY to be a 6th or 7th round pick! And yesterday did not help him in ANY way at all! From a "Heisman" candidate longshot to and NFL 3rd day draft pick hopeful sucks for him, but that is how I see it!
Posted On: Oct 21st 2018, 7:58 AM #382300

Motor will have a chance in the next level.  From the moment he started playing for us he was shaking things up within our conference.  It’s not his fault we keep calling the same plays up the middle especially since our line is not what it used to be. Yesterday  was hard to watch
 and I believe he bounces back. I think he will get 1300-1400 yards and 25 tds.  For him that’s great because even if he got 3,000 rushing yards it will lead back to lack of competition and schedule. The best thing for him is to reach top 5 in rushing tds in fbs and that’s reachable.  We lost a lot and I’m surprised he has done what he’s done thus far.  He is a special player, the very best that FAU has fielded. 
Back to the top

I think Motor will play in the NFL, and is capable of having a big rushing day. Where will he be drafted, you're probably about right. I know that supposedly he's thinking about going pro, but the awesome running game will continue if he stays and he's bound to break some more records. 
Back to the top

Very tricky scenario for Motor.   We all know RBs have a shelf-life, and if he comes back he might set all kinds of career records but the cost is another 300+ carries on his body, the glaring risk of injury, and even a big year might not make a significant change in his draft position (although I think it has gone down at least some).

Hopefully the Kiffin's have real contacts that can help with the evaluation and provide realistic guidance of where he might go this year versus if he has a better year in 2019.  I think he is an NFL RB right now, and probably is trying to do too much (which is totally understandable).  
Back to the top

Rat Poison …

I think this year the team went into the season with too much hype from the successes from last season.  The Owls were suppose to repeat as Conference Champs …

Motor for Heisman … Heisman in Paradise

It's not easy to repeat as Conference Champs and to keep build on the successes you had … These are the lessons this team need to learn, unfortunately they are learning that lesson the hard way.  They need to re-focus and continue to build that winning edge.  I

Back to the top

Francois said

Rat Poison …

I think this year the team went into the season with too much hype from the successes from last season.  The Owls were suppose to repeat as Conference Champs …

Motor for Heisman … Heisman in Paradise

It's not easy to repeat as Conference Champs and to keep build on the successes you had … These are the lessons this team need to learn, unfortunately they are learning that lesson the hard way.  They need to re-focus and continue to build that winning edge.  I

Posted On: Oct 22nd 2018, 8:02 AM #382332
The "Alabama of Florida". Agreed. As far as Motor, he will get a shot, but his stock takes a hit this year to some degree. He's got all the intangibles, but isn't the biggest or the fastest.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Very tricky scenario for Motor.   We all know RBs have a shelf-life, and if he comes back he might set all kinds of career records but the cost is another 300+ carries on his body, the glaring risk of injury, and even a big year might not make a significant change in his draft position (although I think it has gone down at least some).

Hopefully the Kiffin's have real contacts that can help with the evaluation and provide realistic guidance of where he might go this year versus if he has a better year in 2019.  I think he is an NFL RB right now, and probably is trying to do too much (which is totally understandable).
Posted On: Oct 21st 2018, 10:13 PM #382325
If he came back for his senior season he could potentially break the all time rushing td record and get more yards to be at least top 10 in rushing yards.  Ideally there is no point to this, the shelf life for rb's is real and this will not help his draft stock coming from a smaller school. I think our recent failures are a combination of a lot of things but Briles leaving was huge. Motor is doing all he can, but to be honest lets say we plug in Driskel maybe we win at MTSU and keep it close against UCF.  I think Motor will bounce back and finish strong,on the bright side this is 1 of maybe 3 bad games he has ever had at FAU.  He will need a great Pro day or combine workout to have a chance.  I would hate that he goes undrafted and have to start from the very bottom to get ahead.  That would be like a Frantz Joseph situation all over again, amazing in game but a dumb workout determines if you will be great.  It's the OC job to get creative to get Motor better runs, all it takes is a small hole and Motor does the rest.  Once again this is a learning on the job situation for Weiss. We need to take it one game at a time and try to win match ups and grind out these wins.  
Back to the top

You guys need to go look at University of Houston’s rushing stats this year.  Compare it to before a certain coach got there.

Motor is good, no doubt.  His stats and our record were skewed last year because of Briles offense.

Motor needs to come back.  Like boxers, there aren’t different style runners.  Motor doesn’t take the hits that take a toll.  Dude might get squared up for a legit tackle 2-3 times a game.  Watch the difference between how #6 gets hit vs #5 gets hit Friday night.

He needs to get a degree.  I don’t think he’ll combine particularly well.  Once that happens, pro scouts will attribute his success to the system and Briles.  He will then fall in draft stock.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

You guys need to go look at University of Houston’s rushing stats this year.  Compare it to before a certain coach got there.

Motor is good, no doubt.  His stats and our record were skewed last year because of Briles offense.

Motor needs to come back.  Like boxers, there aren’t different style runners.  Motor doesn’t take the hits that take a toll.  Dude might get squared up for a legit tackle 2-3 times a game.  Watch the difference between how #6 gets hit vs #5 gets hit Friday night.

He needs to get a degree.  I don’t think he’ll combine particularly well.  Once that happens, pro scouts will attribute his success to the system and Briles.  He will then fall in draft stock.

Posted On: Oct 22nd 2018, 1:39 PM #382343

0 out 0 on this take.
The plays are the same. 

Playing calling was 1 percent  of the issues we had.

We had more total yards vs Marshall this year than last.

We are just not doing little things now, like catching, getting that 1 yard push, or commiting penelties after nice gains and oboturnovers. 

Motor skill set is his skill set. 
Guy still had plays where he makes everyone miss for a yard.
Our online was playing 1-2 yards behind the LOS the whole game.
Like most players coming out of college he will be judged on his flim not his box score.
Also the degree argument is no existent.

1. He might get it after this year like many do.
2. If he’s a 6th round pick plays in the league for 3 years makes the rookie minimum which goes 480k, 550k then 630k you can go back and pay for a semester.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Posted On: Oct 22nd 2018, 1:39 PM #382343

It's becoming apparent there were a lot of factors that all came together to make that offense click.

The coaches, the seniors on the oline, etc.

And I think one major component of these overall contributing factors was the ability to move quickly between plays.  The players got the ball to a referee, ran to the line of scrimmage, they seemed to get the next play quickly, oline seemed to know the proper protection, and Driskel made quick reads of the defense.

I believe I heard on a telecast that on average we were snapping the ball with 22 seconds left on the clock.

That in turn kept the defense on their heels and played into Motor's strengths.  

Not taking anything away from his amazing talent by any means - all these things coming together just helped stack the deck in his favor even more.
Back to the top
Control functions: