Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Motor and the NFL

Then we need to start running guys like Davenport more, getting him and other young backs more playing time if Motors future next year is elsewhere. TEAM comes first guys!

And that also may take some pressure off of the QB position as they may play more balanced D's NOT knowing Motor is getting the ball! We SHOULD be destroying these teams with play action and outright downfield passing if they are over playing the run to stop Motor! But we are not, again, bad playing AND bad Coaching. We are getting just dominated in 2nd halves  - NO EXCUSE FOR THIS!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Then we need to start running guys like Davenport more, getting him and other young backs more playing time if Motors future next year is elsewhere. TEAM comes first guys!

And that also may take some pressure off of the QB position as they may play more balanced D's NOT knowing Motor is getting the ball! We SHOULD be destroying these teams with play action and outright downfield passing if they are over playing the run to stop Motor! But we are not, again, bad playing AND bad Coaching. We are getting just dominated in 2nd halves  - NO EXCUSE FOR THIS!!!
Posted On: Nov 2nd 2018, 12:44 PM #382760

I think you will see more freshman guys start playing once the we get to 3 or 4 games left. No reason to burn the red shirt so close to the end of the season
Back to the top

Not sure if you meant Davidson??? If so, in looking at his bio on the FAU site it appears in a truly boneheaded move he has ALREADY played in 5 games!!!

Freshman (2018)

Recorded a 32-yard carry versus Bethune
    Saw action against No. 16 UCF
    Member of the special teams unit at Middle Tennessee
    Recorded two kick returns versus ODU for a total of 56 yards. His longest was a 32-yarder
    Earned special teams time versus Marshall

That means his redshirt season was burned up in order for him to get 1 carry, return a couple of kickoffs, and play special teams in 2 other games???  I hope that is not true.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Not sure if you meant Davidson??? If so, in looking at his bio on the FAU site it appears in a truly boneheaded move he has ALREADY played in 5 games!!!

Freshman (2018)

Recorded two kick returns versus ODU for a total of 56 yards. His longest was a 32-yarder

That means his redshirt season was burned up in order for him to get 1 carry, return a couple of kickoffs, and play special teams in 2 other games???  I hope that is not true.
Posted On: Nov 2nd 2018, 4:09 PM #382764

Sorry, you are right, tying my thoughts quickly at work! Guess we should have had HIM go in for the punt return then huh! Coach K may need to re-set the staff yet again. O and ST really really bad and NOT improving!
Back to the top

Can we afford Tee Martin? G*d that's so off topic (but I didn't start this fire).
Back to the top

Not touching the Tee Martin post, but regarding Davidson that is just stupid.  We aren't signing a ton of quality high school kids to begin with, and I think he has potential to be a good one.  We literally threw away his RS year for absolutely nothing.  I know he could redshirt this coming season or really any season, but there was absolutely nothing to be gained in him getting so few (3) opportunities.  Somebody tell me that is wrong and he has only appeared in 4 games!!!
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Freshman (2018)

Posted On: Nov 2nd 2018, 4:09 PM #382764

Yea, no RS RB is thin past Whyte. Needed to dress and play in spots on SP teams.
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

Can we afford Tee Martin? G*d that's so off topic (but I didn't start this fire).
Posted On: Nov 2nd 2018, 4:48 PM #382767

Just no on so many many many levels.
Back to the top

It was a random thought on a (previously posted) possible offensive coaching shift this spring, but…what's so "No!" about it? I'm not that sour on Weis Jr. (I know it's his first year and the buzz expects growth [and there's more going on than a young/new OC]). His (Martin) offense is putting up more points than ours and on better teams; he's an excellent recruiter; and something about media buzz. Again, it's not important to me, just, just?

And if Motor has finished his degree, I'm not entirely sure why he'd stay. Pride (draft position, money)?

And Davidson, if he was ready-ready, he should have gotten more playing time. So he probably wasn't. So it's a waste of a year (for him).
Back to the top

The thing about Kiffin is that I think he wants to turn this into a passing team with Robison. Once Davis can play next year I expect us to be a passing team. I pray the receivers stay healthy next year as we know there's very little depth. Davis, Durante, and Willie "could" make for an amazing receiving corps. Matt Barkley threw for 300 yards a game at USC the year they were really good. I think Kiffin knows that a pro style QB and good receivers can just tear up the conference. Therefore, Motor is gone!
Back to the top
Control functions: