Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Moving student section

Any opinions on moving the student section behind the visitor's bench.
Back to the top

Way better than where it is now - which is a JOKE.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jun 6th 2019, 5:33 PM #386753

I love it. A lot of schools do it, UF, Arizona, TCU, Texas A&M.

For Games against teams like UCF it will create an amazing atmosphere.

This is move is really about money though, the 2 per credit hour will create an extra 1.5 from student fees a year based on 25k undergrad taking 30 credit per year.

If you factor an extra 5k student's seats now, FAU just sold 5k season tickets at 300.00 per seat.

Does someone want to confirm my math? LOL
Back to the top

I like the move and the explanation.  Were the students  involved in the decision at all or was this a school decision?  
Back to the top

I remember being very spirited in the South End Zone during my college days. That will always be the student section to me!
Back to the top

First two years we played at Dolphins stadium the students were behind the visiting bench, it was incredible, great great move.
And hopefully if the kids are enjoying it they’ll stay and come back. 
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Jun 6th 2019, 5:33 PM #386753
I love it. A lot of schools do it, UF, Arizona, TCU, Texas A&M.

For Games against teams like UCF it will create an amazing atmosphere.

This is move is really about money though, the 2 per credit hour will create an extra 1.5 from student fees a year based on 25k undergrad taking 30 credit per year.

If you factor an extra 5k student's seats now, FAU just sold 5k season tickets at 300.00 per seat.

Does someone want to confirm my math? LOL
Posted On: Jun 6th 2019, 6:04 PM #386755
I'll do some simple math…mostly because I dont think people realize how much money the student body is pumping into our athletics programs.

As of 2016 we had 15,714 full time students and 8,499 part time students.  For the purpose of this exercise I will only calculate for full time students (which obviously greatly underestimates the dollars).

15,714 x 12 credit hours (some take more) = 188,568 credit hours enrolled in and paid for each semester.  Fee per credit for athletics is $17.10 prior to this move.  Now is $19.10.

So we were charging the full time undergrad student body $3,224,512 per semester prior to moving the seats. We now charge the full time student body $3,601,648 per semester in exchange for seating them behind the visitor section.

Calculate that to a year (not including summer classes) - you just increased the athletics budget on the backs of the student body by roughly $750,000 in the blink of an eye.

Again, I would add another 30% to my numbers to include part time students who very much still pay fees.  So in other terms, we will move the student section and that will take care of Lane's salary.  Thanks kids.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Important!
Posts from this topic have been moved by Rick. 16 post have been transferred to Student Loans, Who Pays, and Forgiveness (best i could title it).
Important!

yeah bringing back to football….geesh….

I think the school should consider kicking the start times back to 7pm….the sun can be brutal on that side of the field in the afternoon….that's really the biggest negative I see…

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

yeah bringing back to football….geesh….
Posted On: Jun 15th 2019, 6:09 PM #386819

+1

Moved to a land far, far, away…

:cool:
Back to the top
Control functions: