Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Moving student section

Just going to post this here and let it sink in…that our University is in the middle of Boca Raton.  South Florida, where 5 million + people reside.

Here are just a few examples of millions of dollars being brought in at Universities that aren't Clemson or Alabama.

Wont even get into pointing out we have failed to accomplish this in a span of 10 years of economic growth.

Colorado State University sells naming rights to on-campus football stadium to Public Service Credit Union

South Alabama, Hancock Whitney Bank agree to 10-year football stadium naming rights deal - al.com

Southside tower nears realization with TowneBank naming rights

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

You want to know the even more depressing part. FIU has naming rights for their stadium and we don’t.

walty12 said

Just going to post this here and let it sink in…that our University is in the middle of Boca Raton.  South Florida, where 5 million + people reside.

Here are just a few examples of millions of dollars being brought in at Universities that aren't Clemson or Alabama.

Wont even get into pointing out we have failed to accomplish this in a span of 10 years of economic growth.

Colorado State University sells naming rights to on-campus football stadium to Public Service Credit Union

South Alabama, Hancock Whitney Bank agree to 10-year football stadium naming rights deal - al.com

Southside tower nears realization with TowneBank naming rights
Posted On: Jun 19th 2019, 11:01 PM #386872

Back to the top

If we have consistent winning football seasons, which our program has yet to accomplish, we will eventually have naming rights. Our program has shown that it can win a championship but it was also a learning curve understanding how to come off of a great season and to maintain that success.

I am looking forward to this upcoming season because we have tenured coaches now (e.g. Glen Spencer) who would have easily been qualified to be our head coach 5 years ago.

All we can do is keep showing this program our support and the naming rights will be a result of the future success.

Go owls!
Back to the top

I agree, but will also add that it is more than just us. You have had nationally televised events at the stadium every year.

$250k was a slam dunk opportunity which was missed badly…without getting into the weeds of the deal, they solicited Office Depot but basically wanted $1M.

Uh, no.

Back to the top
Control functions: