Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MTSU loses to WKU

Not good for MTSU. They are now destined for the espn bottom 10 with FIU.  WKU didnt look all that bad but MTSU didnt look too good on D. However MTSU was without starting QB Craddock and had to start true a freshman. This could turn out to be a long season for the raiders. 
Back to the top

Re: MTSU loses to WKU

I am not surprised. I thought it would be a very close game. WKU is the real deal. They can play in the SBC.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

That is terrible. Man, MTSU is making a habit of giving I-A start-ups their first I-A win.

'Just bad for our conference.

Back to the top

Why wasn't their QB Craddock playing tonight?
Back to the top

BMarkey said

That is terrible. Man, MTSU is making a habit of giving I-A start-ups their first I-A win.

'Just bad for our conference.

Man, I was thinking the exact same thing.

To answer cjdub, I think his back is injured and could be out for a few weeks.
Outlook for MTSU :'(
Back to the top

MTSU seems very streaky this year. They play great (against UL) then they play poorly (against WKU). I think most teams in the SBC are at a critical juncture where they are somewhere in between the solid programs and the bottom end in 1-A football. When everything goes right they can compete with big name programs, when things don't go so right they get dominated by more competetive teams or beaten by weaker teams.

FAU is a case in point. FAU gets destroyed by OSU yet manages to put up record numbers on offense against Minnesota. That shows that FAU can compete when they play at the highest level even though the defense faltered.

Troy managed to hang in there against a scary Florida team and then went on to absolutely dominate the same OSU team that embarrased FAU. However, I don't think that Troy is head and shoulders above FAU. I think they are better, but not that much better.

FIU is another team that can compete, but cannot get a break.

ASU played close against a far superior Texas team.

Bottom line is that there is a whole lot of parody and each week brings surprises.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Troy managed to hang in there against a scary Florida team and then went on to absolutely dominate the same OSU team that embarrassed FAU. However, I don't think that Troy is head and shoulders above FAU. I think they are better, but not that much better.

I agreed with everything in your post, except this part about Troy hanging in with Florida.  Troy is a good team, but people are giving them waaaay too much credit for that UF game.  They were down 49-7 at the half.  That is not competitive.  They scored some point in the 2nd half with UF playing reserves, but that game was over at half time.  They were impressive in the OSU game, but they also didn't have to travel a few thousand miles to play them for their home opener.  OSU isn't a particularly good team and Troy got to face them at home.  Not to take anything away from Troy.  Until we beat them, they will remain the class of the Sun Belt and the favorite for the NO Bowl.

As for the WKU-MTSU game…it's not quite ULM losing to McNeese State, but it's not much better.  MTSU had a lot of chances in that game, but didn't capitalize.  I know they had to start a freshman QB, but they wasted a number of opportunities to win that game.  It seems like it will be a long year for the Blue Raiders.  Hopefully they get their act together just long enough to beat Troy!  ;D
Back to the top

injuries have devistated them…

once craddock goes out, the pass game takes a hit…guy looked pretty good against UL too…….

well, look on the bright side - thers always next year…
Back to the top

MTSU loses to WKU

owlfan1 said

Bottom line is that there is a whole lot of parody and each week brings surprises.

AND the fact that the SBC is taking a big step forward in talent, and athleticism…

there is no doubt this league is getting better all around…

Back to the top

They were down 49-7 at the half.  That is not competitive.  They scored some point in the 2nd half with UF playing reserves, but that game was over at half time.

Actually, Florida played most of their starters until late in the 4th quarter.

-> http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=59093&postcount=5

Back to the top
Control functions: