Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

National Attention, National Media mentions of FAU

Hoot_N_Holler said

ESPN mentioned the Marshall-FAU game on Sports Center Saturday morning…but only talked about Kiffin dialing up the safety and not covering the spread.  No mention of becoming bowl eligible, beating Marshall for the first time, Motor, etc.

Come on man…that along with Kiffin's rat poison Tweet is the story ESPN?
Posted On: Nov 4th 2017, 8:20 AM #372776

Well we used to live in the ESPN Bottom 10 ranking, competing for the worst team in the country. I'll take the Sportscenter mention, and the appeal that Kiffin brings us as a fun, intense, up-and-coming program. I can't remember maybe it was Bruce Feldman, that predicted before the season started that FAU would be completely forgotten about after losses to Navy and Wisconsin. But here we are, cracking the CBS power rankings, getting mentions on Sportscenter, and having having former Bama players on our sidelines during games. We're quickly, over the course of a half a season, turning into the fun and sexy program in the state of Florida, especially with FSU and UF having such terrible seasons. Let the media keep eating their words from before the season, and we'll be hottest G5 school in another year or two.
Back to the top

The reason the safety was mentioned is because a lot of people lost money as a result of it…makes you wonder.

THIS JUST IN FROM THE NEWS DESK:

Kiffin is a master manipulator.

Only a slow boat to china for a brain would not have figured that out by now.

And ESPN is buying right into it, and giving him all of the free press they can.

First the "I just woke up and have the flu" recruiting video, then the shots at Saban (rat poison), then Miami (thefaU), now taking a safety to destroy the line.

I think it's great!

:Laughing:
Back to the top

Front page on ESPN site.

Lane Kiffin FAU Owls keep winning trolling Alabama Crimson Tide Nick Saban

The Lane Train 🚂 keeps rolling! 
Back to the top

Good job guys! I see you on Game Day! Go Owls!!! 🦉
Back to the top

Awesome, thanks for letting me know!
Back to the top

Back to the top

Great work down there, that’ll get plenty of mentions today!
Back to the top

I saw a “Kiffin is cooler the U” sign, guy wearing an FAU shirt as well

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Kalib Woods got a helmet sticker on ESPN College GameDay this morning for his performance last night.
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

Kalib Woods got a helmet sticker on ESPN College GameDay this morning for his performance last night.
Posted On: Nov 19th 2017, 9:28 AM #373567

That one catch was amazing, he had one heck of a night.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: