Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Observations Part 2

It seems like Kiffin is trying to get it through to the players that they're not just going to walk into the field and blow out BCU (or anybody for that matter). I'm a little worried that there are guys on this team too concerned about their stats and shot at the NFL that it could disrupt the rhythm of the whole team. I didn't sense any of this individualism last season. It seems guys on defense got way too high on themselves in the offseason and are trying to lay down highlight reel hits on defenders. It doesn't seem like the team is first to ever oft right now. I hope the players take it to heart not to get overconfident. We can't afford a bunch of me first players.
Back to the top

Then the OU game was just what the Dr. ordered - NOBODY getting drafted based on THAT game! NOBODY!!!
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

It seems like Kiffin is trying to get it through to the players that they're not just going to walk into the field and blow out BCU (or anybody for that matter). I'm a little worried that there are guys on this team too concerned about their stats and shot at the NFL that it could disrupt the rhythm of the whole team. I didn't sense any of this individualism last season. It seems guys on defense got way too high on themselves in the offseason and are trying to lay down highlight reel hits on defenders. It doesn't seem like the team is first to ever oft right now. I hope the players take it to heart not to get overconfident. We can't afford a bunch of me first players.
Posted On: Sep 14th 2018, 2:27 PM #380691

This is what I'm gathering as well. A few may be focusing on getting that bag over team, not realizing the bag they are trying to get won't just fall into their lap.
Back to the top
Control functions: