ODD MAN OUT: Why Coach Kiffin Will Stay
- "It's really fulfilled me, more than the big stage - any of that stuff - to really watch these kids do things they've never done before." - Lane Kiffin
- "You are not going to get Coach Speak here, when I say I'm happy here, that's what every coach says. But I really am. It's a very unique situation: A) we have a great team, B) a ton of them come back, almost the whole team comes back. And we love living here. There's a family element that's awesome. My dad's here. My brother's a coordinator. Mom's here. My brother's four kids. We've got a president that wants football to win, came from Clemson and envisions this place being like Clemson some day." - Lane Kiffin
- "It is not what people would assume that `You took this job to get the next one'. Coaches do that because they want to get to that elite level that they call it. I think this is a very unique place in where we’re at as a team. We have the majority of our team coming back. We’ve got one of the most dynamic players in college football, and he’s only a true sophomore.” - Lane Kiffin
- Q: What is your level of interest to leave after one year and go to one of these so called big jobs?
- "Ten years ago…yes you take jobs like this to help them win…then a lot of times you move on and go to an elite top 10 type jobs…Coaches at a different place think differently than they used to, and I love it here and love all of it besides just the coaching." - lane Kiffin
- "We've got some transfers sitting out that are dynamic NFL type players that are waiting to play next year…this could be something extremely special…that's pretty special to think about." - Lane Kiffin
Great interview, he is really enjoying life and the team HERE at FAU! And with NO state income tax he is really making the equal to MINIMUM of $1.5M in other states!
And I'm assuming he is aware of what it will take to retain LK and keep that train rolling.
I went to the FAU vs Clemson game back in 06 and it was one of the best college game day atmosphere…
It's a long term plan, so LK will have to be here awhile for this vision to see fruition, IMO.
Local Owl saidGeeorgia, I get the point. But if that is accurate, that is one heck of a large state tax.Posted On: Nov 22nd 2017, 5:22 AM
I myself was wondering what state has 33% income tax lol
owlfan1 saidCalifornia has the highest state income tax at 13.3%, followed by Hawaii at 11%, Oregon at 9.9%, Minnesota at 9.85%, and Iowa at 8.89%. Saving 13.3% on a $1 million salary is a nice perk of living in Florida.
GO OWLS!!!Posted On: Nov 22nd 2017, 9:41 AM
Point taken, but conceivably he'd be earning a lot more in California.