Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Offensive Coordinator Search to Replace Wright

Pro style offenses are for Yankees.

(Half sarcasm)
Back to the top

AND spread O does not mean you have to throw the ball all the time. In fact nearly all good spread O's run very well too due to spacing of O line and SPREADING THE D OUT! You CANNOT pack the box vs. a spread O without opening up single or mismatched coverages in which case you throw the ball very effectively! Which in turn, opens up the run!
Back to the top

Especially with this guy…should be a good one for us!

Back to the top

I don't know why we're so skittish of hiring talented FCS coaches. I mean, we freaking hired high school coaches when CP took over. And we hired CP who wasn't even a coordinatoer (although he had a season as co-DC at Wisconsin).

Realistically, we're not going to get an up-and-comer at the CFP level, especially with all the HC positions that opened up this year - those guys are going to coach for new HCs at schools like Maryland, Minnesota, BYU, South Carolina, UCF, Illinois, USC, Memphis, and all the other schools that have new coaches. Plus, those new coordinators will be leaving vacancies to be filled by the next level of coaches - the QB coaches and D-line coaches that will move up to coordinator positions, or the coordinators that are at smaller schools like ours and get hired at a bigger program.

So realistically we have to hire somebody at the CFP level who has failed and nobody else wants, or we need to hire at the FCS level. It's just completely unrealistic to think that a promising young coach is going to want to jump in and risk getting fired next year if we don't have a good season. Especially when we're offering a fraction of what other programs are offering, and they have much more promising outlooks and more job stability.

I say go with a guy who has success at the FCS level, not a guy who can't succeed at this level.
Back to the top

I hope Chun has a bigger checkbook to play with this time around…

Top 5 CUSA Assistant Salaries:
 Nick Holt, WKU, 300k
 Tyrone Nix, MTSU, 300k
 Chuck Heater, Marsh, 215k
 Scott Stoker and Patrick Higgins, UTEP, 203k
Back to the top

Back to the top

I would hope the powers to be have a verbal from someone and are waiting until after a bowl game or FCS playoff to go public.
Back to the top

teambeer said

Posted On: Dec 10th 2015, 10:34 AM #352964

Pat Chun usually plays his hand close to the vest if I recall. Hell, Coach Partridge wasnt even mentioned untill a day or two before he was hired as a candidate.

It will be curious to see who we get.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

You're right…and sadly it usually means we end up going "who the heck is that??" when Chun does pull the trigger. At least during the HC search we had some buzz as to who was interviewing and it gave us something to talk about.

Would love to make an announcement soon so that it can be leveraged during the contact period. If we truly are going to open up the offense, now is a good time to get that message out. UCF is all over the place claiming to be the only wide open offense in the state with their new coach.
Back to the top

All the FCS games except the championship will be done by December 19th but championship will not be played until Jan 9th.
Back to the top
Control functions: