Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

OK, I don't get it...

Why was this changed from football only, is it really that tough to maintain a forum that will have low traffic until August?

So now we have an "Anything Goes Board" AND an "Open Forum" and we have to sift through a ton of garbage threads just to find something interesting to read about FAU. Isn't that what this site was created for, a message board primarily for sports?

Seems to me it would be easier just to leave things alone. It's not like this board gets tons of outside traffic anyway.

Well, I'm sure there's a reason for all this. So go ahead and rip on me for not understanding the logic here. I haven't had a good flame war in a while.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

OK, I don't get it...

You hit the nail on the head. The entire Owlsnest board is slow. There is little to no traffic on Football either but it get the most hits. The Open Forum is even slower. Therefore when folks peek in they may have something to say about anything in general while in the Football area. Who knows, they may even come back in August. There are a lot of outside visitors who still lurk w/o posting. The traffic is so low that you still shouldn't have much "garbage" to sift through. This change may not even be noticed by most folks because it is so slow.

I don't ever recall ripping or flaming you Canadianowl. I can say you occasionally will lob hand grenades from your bunker and people have responded to you as such. Including me. Sort of like tit for tat I guess. I have no problem with you. Different opinions are what message boards are built on. Imagine how boring it would be if we all agreed on everything FAU.. ::)
Back to the top

OK, I don't get it...

OK, I don't get it...

I thought about another scenerio Canadianowl. It still may not to your liking but a smaller change just the same. The name will stay FAU Football but people can post off topics there if they wish until traffic gets heavier in August or whenever. They still have the option to post in other areas too.

You comments made me think from a different angle. ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: