Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Orlando Sentinel's 2015 Football Countdown

Local Owl said

If they researched this and are accurate, what do you predict our season will look like. I know we are improving, but it seams other sports minds feel that other teams are progressing faster. My friends kid at MTSU is talking like they will be very very good. I guess time will tell. Fingers crossed..

Posted On: Jul 26th 2015, 10:59 AM #346681

I think we are a year a way.  The offense potentially could carry the team but their is a lot of inexperience at wide receiver.  The linebacker situation is scary with the lack of experience and depth.  I am predicting 5 wins.  I close my eyes and keep seeing that Marshall guy running up the middle with our current linebacker situation.  I hope I am wrong.

Winning the close games and finishing games will make a huge difference over last year.  No matter the record this will be a better team than last year.
Back to the top

?
I thought guests had to choose a name now?
Back to the top

This can't be the regular "guest" because once again, I  agree with him or her. With my limited personal knowledge of our team, I feel we need to try and get  a couple of big time, highly recruited, in demand type line backers to settle our defense down. Our DB's are deep enough. Our DL is ok. But our LB situation may end up hurting us. Our WR's will look better then they are due to a good running game. Defenses will need to think run against us  and that will open up the passing game. We will need to score a lot of point to win this season. IMHO.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

If they researched this and are accurate, what do you predict our season will look like. I know we are improving, but it seems other sports minds feel that other teams are progressing faster.

Early reports sound like we're still a work in progress. Since this is Quez's final year and because we've been waiting so long to return to a bowl game I certainly hope this is our year… but it doesn't sound like it. I'm hoping some stars emerge and we pull out some surprises. We have some good players - especially Jason Driskel,  Trey Rodriguez, Buddy Howell - that have been in the pipeline and it's time to see what they can do.

Back to the top

owl2Doc said

?
I thought guests had to choose a name now?
Posted On: Jul 26th 2015, 12:49 PM #346683

They do, but can't stop someone from typing the word guest - for now.
Back to the top

I'm still not a fan of Quez as a passer. With the depth of our RB core and Quez ability as a runner I am all for running the ball 40 times a game and just stretching the field 10-15 times a game with woods, Leonard, and stoshak. Also will Quez be able to translate the way he plays at home to road games because that has been his biggest downfall during his tenure. 
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

I'm still not a fan of Quez as a passer. With the depth of our RB core and Quez ability as a runner I am all for running the ball 40 times a game and just stretching the field 10-15 times a game with woods, Leonard, and stoshak. Also will Quez be able to translate the way he plays at home to road games because that has been his biggest downfall during his tenure. 
Posted On: Jul 26th 2015, 10:01 PM #346691

This. He just wore down at the end a bit. Remember he did have a solid game at Nebraska until he got hurt but balled out against the next three defenses he faced. I think it will also help that we don't really play a top program this year. Florida and Miami are gonna suck again
Back to the top

Rick said

They are through #34, and no sign of WKU yet…

Has to be coming soon.
Posted On: Jul 25th 2015, 11:06 PM #346676

Done deal, the Hilltoppers finish off C-USA, coming in at #32:

123 UTSA
118 FAU
114 SMiss
111 Charlotte
109 North Texas
92  FIU
76  Old Dominion
56 Rice
53 MTSU
46 UTEP
43 LaTech
40 Marshall
32 WKU
Back to the top

Rick said

Rick said

They are through #34, and no sign of WKU yet…

Has to be coming soon.
Posted On: Jul 25th 2015, 11:06 PM #346676
Done deal, the Hilltoppers finish off C-USA, coming in at #32:

123 UTSA
118 FAU
114 SMiss
111 Charlotte
109 North Texas
92  FIU
76  Old Dominion
56 Rice
53 MTSU
46 UTEP
43 LaTech
40 Marshall
32 WKU

Posted On: Jul 27th 2015, 9:57 AM #346696

A ten year veteran at QB will help you in polls like these.  Good for them, I don't see it though.  Their defense was horrible last year!
Back to the top

Before we get too concerned about ANYTHING the Orlando Sentinel puts out, we need to keep in mind that they graded our 2015 recruiting class as a "D" while give  FIU a "B".  Their credilbility is in serious doubt.
Back to the top
Control functions: