Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

OwlBytes: 2019 FAU Football Fall Camp - August 14th

The Owls took the field this morning for their 11th practice of fall camp. The team completed a full practice before the players became available for media day.

OwlBytes

• Dante's Ride The big news of camp today was Jupiter's Dante Cousart being placed on scholarship. Cousart played his high school ball at Dwyer High School where he won a state championship. He then spent one season at Assumption College in Massachsuetts before coming back home to Palm Beach County and joining FAU as a walk on. “I was born in Boca, so this is extra special for me”, Cousart said after practice. Despite the above photo throwing a pass, expect to see Cousart in rotation at the slot and as a punt returner.

• C-USA Better Be Ready for Bryant Named to the watch list by the folks at the John Mackey Award, Harrison Bryant made plays all over the field today. The senior has a very bright future at the next level due to his NFL size and ability to create separation in short yardage as well as in vertical routes. Bryant caught 45 passes for 662 yards with 4 touchdowns last season.

• Veteran Insight Several of the respected members of the locker room gave their thoughts about the progress of the team so far in fall camp. Entering his thrird year in the program, Chris Robinson gave praise to his wide receivers and said he has been very impressed with newcomer WR Rahsaan Lewis, “He`s been playing really well. I like the way he works hard, runs routes and catches the ball. Lewis spent time as a DB at UCF before coming to FAU. Linebacker Akileis Leroy discussed his leadership role and mentoring the younger linebackers. The Owls added depth at linebacker during the recent recruiting cycle, including linebacker Antarrius Moultrie. "Antarrius is coming on very fast, I call him young bull", Leroy said. In a game full of ups and downs, the veteran leadership will be key if the Owls hope to return in a bowl game.

• Play Of The Day In team drills, QB Nick Tronti hit senior WR Brandon Robinson on a 20 yard seam route. Robinson was able to high point the ball, when on his way down junior CB Diashaun Moss knocked the ball out of his hands. However, it managed to find its way right back into them in the end.

Video Play

Offensive lineman BJ Etienne provides us with his 2019 Media Day interview.

The Owls will return to the practice field tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM.

Back to the top
Control functions: