Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

OwlBytes: 2019 FAU Football Fall Camp - Scrimmage 1

Watched the pod cast Shane. Excellent.  I'm an old football guy who thinks he knows a lot. Your insite into fau football is amazing. And please take this as a compliment, your maturation over the last two years is great to see. Keep it up.
Back to the top

It's just really irked me the WR situation. If Robison had Woods and Solomon last year he would've lit it up. There aren't a ton of guys with an arm better than Robison's. Especially in CUSA, if we had receivers we could dominate like 2017. That's what the season will ultimately come down to. I'm really hoping we can get a transfer from a big time school like Alabama for 2020 who wasn't going to be the starter or something like that.
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

GeorgiaOwl said

OK, SO OTHERS WHO WERE THERE, TELL US WHO WERE NOT WHAT YA SAW, GOOD OR BAD. POST INFO AND YOUR OPINION!!!
Posted On: Aug 11th 2019, 3:32 PM #387532

I saw Terrell Owens giving pointers to Harrison Bryant - showing Bryant moves to get off the line of scrimmage and away from his defender.

I mean, let that soak in for a minute…a NFL Hall of Famer and multiple-time Pro Bowl selection was giving our TE with huge NFL potential pointers.

Can you imagine the meltdown on this board if TO gives our players post TD dance pointers?

Also saw quite a few turnovers.  Fumbles, strips, interceptions - typical for the defense to be ahead of the offense at this point.  Seemed to be more sloppy play driven then defensive scheme oriented from my seats.

BJ Emmons had some nice moves yesterday.  Shoulder drops, head fakes, etc.  He's going to be a beast.

Really hoping to see John Mitchell break out this season.  Need someone to become that prototypical X receiver.

As a general observation, the players seemed bigger and more athletic than the FAU players I've seen since 2011.  That could be recruiting by Kiffin and/or conditioning by Love or me just being crazy.

Posted On: Aug 11th 2019, 7:49 PM #387535

They score a TD, dance away (briefly) but regain focus on nest possession, ya get at 1st down, shut up and do it again!

Back to the top

When I play sports I’m a sore winner and will sometimes to rub it in and get on people’s nerves.But if my team loses I don’t trash talk and just keep quiet because there’s nothing to be happy about.
I’m glad that these young men enjoy themselves by dancing. But they should only do it if they’re winning and it would be nice if they only did it when we have a winning record. There were guys dancing last year when we had a losing record and they would dance even if we were losing in a game. That’s what gets on my nerves. No one should be enjoying themselves when they’re losing in a game 
Back to the top
Control functions: