Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

PHOTOS: 2011 Preseason Scrimmage I - 08-12-11

Re: PHOTOS: 2011 Preseason Scrimmage I - 08-12-11

PHOTOS: 2011 Preseason Scrimmage I - 08-12-11

But Bracewell finished out the only QB without a pick on the afternoon at 6-9 for 67 yards…

Back to the top

R-FR WR Blake Bierman made a nice contested catch and tacked on some yards afterwards as well, before meeting up with FR DB D.J. Frye-Smith…here's the sequence…

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Coach Van closed it down for the day, with a debrief…

Back to the top

See you next time...
Back to the top

Great shots Rick, thanks for posting them!
Back to the top

Couple things…

Athletically this is the best defense we have had as far as I know…Toney Moore is a heck of an OLB and you will hear his name a lot this year for the right reasons this time…I've also said in the past that Frye-Smith will be a great corner trust me on this we are lucky to have him.  Assuming everything checks out and he is on the team look out for David Lozandier he is going to be a great safety 4.4 speed and a hitting machine…

On to the offense I am not worried about yesterdays struggles, Once the starting O-Line is out there it should be better…Expect a huge year for Darian Williams…I think he has the best shot out of all our players to get drafted next yr he is a very talented TE
Back to the top

Not upset and no panic over the O from me. If the O had done better or even won we would be in A LOT of trouble. Actually I was a little surprised with how the O did with such little practice time before the first scimmage. We average 24 points this year and that really would not be too bad. Give the qb's some more time with these young receivers and we will be good.

Nixon seems really good to me too, actually more of a decent size wr anyhow. As for qb - a young, smaller more mobile qb is a decent option to me too, especially if the O-line has not progressed as well as we hope. We will be good and can win 8 for Coach this year. The D with its mpore attacking options will be difficult for opponents, especially Belt opponents, this first year of our 3-4. No telling where the pass rush will be coming from. Pics and sacks WILL BE way up this year!

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Definitely our best crop of RB's since 2007!  That should help our cause this year.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: