Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Quarterback Situation

jgf2017 said

In a new article in the PBP, it mentions that D'Andre is the frontrunner and basically a lock to be the starter. It said that Peavy could pass Robison on the depth chart. I think Robison transfers. My fear is that D'Andre is rusty and takes a few games to get comfortable.
Posted On: Aug 12th 2018, 11:53 AM #379343

I don’t think anyone is a lock to start at this point. No one will transfer to at least till the end of the season. 
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

In a new article in the PBP, it mentions that D'Andre is the frontrunner and basically a lock to be the starter. It said that Peavy could pass Robison on the depth chart. I think Robison transfers. My fear is that D'Andre is rusty and takes a few games to get comfortable.
Posted On: Aug 12th 2018, 11:53 AM #379343

I wouldn't worry about it. Chris has had every opportunity to show what he can do. If the staff feels the best chance to win is with DJ, then they will go with him. We have ridiculous depth at QB now, and honestly, Robison is technically still a freshman. If he were playing at OU there is no guaranty he would even see the field there. If he wants to show the world he has matured, he would stick it out regardless.

Back to the top

No way… Johnson isn't a lock but you could argue that he has a slight advantage over the others right now.

Kiffin is going to ride this out all the way til the first game, watch. He wants them to push each other.

The most interesting wrinkle here is Peavey doing well so soon. If he were to start, that would be a little mind-blowing.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

No way… Johnson isn't a lock but you could argue that he has a slight advantage over the others right now.

Kiffin is going to ride this out all the way til the first game, watch. He wants them to push each other.

The most interesting wrinkle here is Peavey doing well so soon. If he were to start, that would be a little mind-blowing.
Posted On: Aug 12th 2018, 2:55 PM #379347

Kind of like Parr getting the nod against Navy. We can all speculate, nobody knows.
Back to the top

For argument purposes, lets say Johnson gets the nod. FAU would be in amazingly great shape to have him start for two years and Robison for the next two.That is a dream scinario.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

For argument purposes, lets say Johnson gets the nod. FAU would be in amazingly great shape to have him start for two years and Robison for the next two.That is a dream scinario.
Posted On: Aug 12th 2018, 3:51 PM #379349

Yeah. I think there is concern out there that some of the guys who may have been in - or courted by P5 programs -  had the impression they would come to FAU and play immediately (think Nelson recently). Kiffin is setting very high standards here, nothing is guaranteed to anyone – have to earn your stripes no matter where you are coming from. If people buy into the philosophy, work hard, and perform, they will be rewarded.
Back to the top

I agree with a lot of things said here, but really want a clear cut starter named soon.

I don't want to see a repeat of last years start, where we didn't spend much time learning to defend the Navy offense, showing a lot of potential against Wisconsin but ultimately still not ready (missed tackles, slow offensive start), then swapping QB's against Buffalo only to lose again.

The strong start right out of the gate would be a welcome change for FAU.
Back to the top

Here's an update from today…  

“We really haven’t done much (in the quarterback situation) as far as changing stuff, all three guys have made it a difficult decision, which is a good thing. If it was an easy decision, it would mean two guys weren’t playing very well, so all three guys have done some good things. I don’t have an answer for you. We could play multiple guys. We’ll just continue to try to figure it out and go from there … I think that we could basically run the same offense with all three of them.”

-Coach Lane Kiffin 
Back to the top

The paranoid Sooner fan in me says Kiffin knows, he doesn't want OU to know. Which is probably smart. Create as many unknowns as possible.
Back to the top

Perhaps - but Kiffin showed last year that he will play whoever he thinks gives FAU the best chance to win that particular week/day/minute.  The QB who led the 10-game winning streak was not the starter for the first couple of games last year even though everybody thought it would default to him.

While not the same as his time at Alabama (or what the Sooners can do with their roster full of 4*** and 5*** players), the one thing it seems Lane has done at FAU is build some talent and depth and grow the team through outright competition.  Prove you deserve to play in order to get on the field.  So it won't surprise me who takes the field next Saturday (including Peavy).

And the best thing of this entire post is I said NEXT STAURDAY - college football is here!!!

Back to the top
Control functions: