Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Quarterback Situation

DeltAlumnus said

I fully expect to see at least two qbs play. I feel like even if Robison is the starter Johnson could find himself in the Franklin role this year at the very least.
Posted On: Aug 29th 2018, 10:15 AM #379761

Either one can fill that role, both very quick and elusive as well! Not to mention reverse options, etc….
Back to the top

Coach Kiffin told Joe Rose this morning that QB Chris Robison has a 33% chance of starting Saturday against the Sooners.

So, either one of the other guys has locked it up or it's truly still a three-way battle…

(or he's just being Kiffin)

Back to the top

I get there is no reason you name the starter unless he really doesn't know.  As long as the team is comfortable that is all that matters.  If he and the team really don't know - that could be bad..

I really don't think keeping OU "in the dark" makes any real difference - no matter who it is, this will be their first start and my bet is the Sooners have been practicing all week to stop Motor and have thought little about the difference if it is Johnson or Robison (other than maybe a few who hope it is Robison since he started out there).
Back to the top

3 QB'S = EACH HAS A 33% CHANCE TO ME!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Aug 29th 2018, 3:34 PM #379773

so who gets the extra 1%  :Thinking:
Back to the top

SCowl said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Aug 30th 2018, 8:30 AM #379792

Someone in the wildcat…

:Laughing:
Back to the top

Good one guys! :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

SCowl said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Aug 30th 2018, 8:30 AM #379792

… Motor.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Pretty sure 100% Motor will start!  :Laughing:
Back to the top

Either QB starting will make for a great story. DJ, from FSU to Last Chance U – to the medical issue last year making a return. CR, obviously the former OU recruit coming back to play against his original school in Norman. It's very possible he could have started this game on the side if things went differently. I totally expect both of them to play Saturday, and I don't think whoever starts is necessarily guaranteed to start the next game, no matter how this game unfolds.
Back to the top
Control functions: