Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

question

question

I knew I was going to catch hell for that and my phone rang immediately.

She got some ribbing from Troy fans for wearing her sweatshirt around NOLA. But they understood and she was a Troy/SunBelt fan for the weekend, despite the other team being Owls also. One Troy fan offered to buy her a Troy shirt, but she declined. She even managed to wear FAU flip-flops on the Super Dome field (fantastic facility) while shooting the game with me. Some other photographers noticed the FAU logo and talked to her about the Owls.

I'll post another picture of her soon, now that she is training hard for her Disney Triathlon for Team in Training / Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. (BTW, a handful of Troy fans - including Troy Chancellor Dr. Jack Hawkins - have already donated to her triathlon fund-raising goal.)

Daphne's Team In Training Web Site:
http://www.active.com/donate/tntpb/dmarkey
Back to the top

question

Exit39 said

say we go 7-0 in the sunbelt and win two nonconference games. and 9-3.

would we still go to the New Orleans bowl or would we go to a bigger bowl game? I'm not talking about the BCS game that Boise went to but a bigger pay out game?

I don't think we would be required to go to the New Orleans Bowl. That would be a decision to make because the money would be better in another bowl. I think the protocol calls for the SBC champ to accept the bid. If that scenario, 9-3 (7-0 SBC) played out, I think the "other" bowl that would be offered would be too difficult to pass up.

By declining the New Orleans Bowl, you would be making the statement that the conference bowl game is not that great, but at the same time, having an SBC team make it to a more "credible" Bowl would also be good for the SBC. The better the "other" Bowl is, the easier the decision.
Back to the top

question

I think that we are getting way ahead of ourselves by talking about going 9-3 and having the option to accept a better bowl than the New Orleans Bowl. I will be more than happy with New Orleans this year.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

question

I will also agree with that
Back to the top
Control functions: