Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Reflective moments

Re: Reflective moments

The swamp was a great experience as well.  The crowd was great, but it was even better when they actually look a bit concerned when we made it 21-20.

That was a good time.

Back to the top

1.  Walking into the stands at the swamp,  takin in the atmosphere.  Watching the entire crowd synchronize cheers.  I told myself "one day,  one day that will be us"

2.  Taking my cousing to his first college FB game, (ULM), which we won!, got him hooked, and he made me keep updating him the score of the FAU UF game the next week.

3.  Watching my mom get filmed by ESPN at the FAU/USF tailgate.  My sister is a bull so mom had a shirt split down the middle with the back readin like one of those credit card commercials:  $X dollars for son's education @ FAU, $X dollars for daughter's education @ USF, Not knowing which team to root for= Priceless

4.  Realizing at kickoff that no one remembered to record the game at home  >:(

5.  Taking a look around me at the end of the game and realized that I had just made my friends and their parents owl fans, along with my ex, even though she won't admit it. ;D

6.  Being at the St. Pete boat show on a 60' Viking getting a text that we beat Troy.  I almost got kicked off the boat cause I was jumping and yelling "GO OWLS"

7.  Watching the NO Bowl at Sidelines in St. Cloud, cheering by myself at first, then by the end of the game I had half the restaurant watching and cheering on the owls.

It was a good year, can't wait for September.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

I went to the Bowl game and it was great…but man the USF game showed the kind of excitement that could be every saturday for FAU football in the future.  I just remember how many people were talking about that game and I will never forget when Rusty answered in the corner of the end zone to Gent…showing that we belonged.  If you went/saw the first USF game in 2002 I think it made it that much sweeter. (We lost by 50 points).

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

I went to the Bowl game and it was great…but man the USF game showed the kind of excitement that could be every saturday for FAU football in the future.  I just remember how many people were talking about that game and I will never forget when Rusty answered in the corner of the end zone to Gent…showing that we belonged.  If you went/saw the first USF game in 2002 I think it made it that much sweeter. (We lost by 50 points).

I was in Tampa for that first game against the Bulls, even with a blow out it was still a good time to be part of the experience.

This program and these Owls have surely given me great moments & memories.
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

without a doubt it had to be the ULM game, i was right upfront with now one of my close tailgating buddies (Dirty #2) running from endzone to endzone in the pouring rain with Jab, Flnative, Wpierso, and others…….I have been to a lot of college games at other schools in florida and NOTHING will ever beat that game it was simply amazing, i wish there was a video of all of us doing that…..

other than that, besides the obvious of the bowl game and the USF crowd, i would have to say it would be closing out the O.B. in a dominate fashion, that was an amazing game, ohh yah and i got to take home a seat too!

I actually did that game for Owl TV so there is in fact video of it. I am just not sure how to post just parts of it. So if you can help than I can get that for you guys.
Back to the top

Fun posts.

I remember at one point ALL of Duffy's was chanting OOOOMAAARRR.

What does that mean?
Back to the top

OwlShooter said

Fun posts.

I remember at one point ALL of Duffy's was chanting OOOOMAAARRR.

What does that mean?

As in the QB from Troy… Omar Haugabook. We roughed him up big time and all of duffy's was chanting his name (not that he can hear us) in the same way that people used to taunt Daryl Strawberry back in the day with Darrryyyllll

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

bman8316 said

Nunzio42 said

without a doubt it had to be the ULM game, i was right upfront with now one of my close tailgating buddies (Dirty #2) running from endzone to endzone in the pouring rain with Jab, Flnative, Wpierso, and others…….I have been to a lot of college games at other schools in florida and NOTHING will ever beat that game it was simply amazing, i wish there was a video of all of us doing that…..

other than that, besides the obvious of the bowl game and the USF crowd, i would have to say it would be closing out the O.B. in a dominate fashion, that was an amazing game, ohh yah and i got to take home a seat too!

I actually did that game for Owl TV so there is in fact video of it. I am just not sure how to post just parts of it. So if you can help than I can get that for you guys.

You can e-mail me the clip: [email protected] and I can post it.
Back to the top

That game was so tough to watch. I remember our Oline being so overwhelmed that Jared couldn't even get a pass off. It was boys and men out there that day. AND beers were $8, I remember that, being a college student. USF also laid one of the nastiest hits on what must have been our punter, andy rosas…if you've got a clip of that, I'd love to see it!
Back to the top

USF, ULM, Memphis… all great but nobody has mentioned these games

1) ULL - won in overtime AND tied up in the last few seconds of the game to force OT. this game was truely amazing execution of the 2 min drill.

2) ASU - FAU was down by ten with about 8 mins to play and scored 2 TD's to win. this was a must win after the ULM loss and the team came out and played. also another game that was won in the 4th quarter

in truth, all the wins were awesome and memorable but these two stick out for me.
Back to the top
Control functions: