Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Reflective moments

Re: Reflective moments

Our games were either late collapses or late miracles it seems.  The heart attack owls.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Sept. 3/4, 2004

FAU and Boca Raton shut down because of a hurricane

The boys were in Hawaii

I was in Key West (the only place south of Orlando not under Hurricane warning/watch) on a 56k dial-up modem listening and *trying* to watch the Internet broadcast of ESPN Gameplan Hawaii vs. FAU. Anthony CrissingerHill with a one-handed catch with 34 seconds to go to TIE the game and then Myers missing the extra point (which would have one the game). And then we won in overtime.

AMAZING.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

August 30th, 2008. FAU 45 - texas 13.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

August 30th, 2008. FAU 45 - texas 13.

If that happens, everybodys new WORST memory will be seeing me riding Bevo (UT's Mascot) naked across the field in Austin…possibly intoxicated.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

If that happens, everybodys new WORST memory will be seeing me riding Bevo (UT's Mascot) naked across the field in Austin…possibly intoxicated.

:D
Back to the top

2003 playing MTSU in Tennessee as a 1-AA school and listening to the game with headphones on in my living room with my roommates complaining about me cheering. We went on our final drive, and burned 2:38 off the clock, they didn't think we'd even be able to get the final snap off on 4th and 9. Hearing that call, Allen scrambling out of the pocket on his own 40 with time expiring in the 4th quarter down by 5 nearly fumbling the ball…he breaks free, gets some room and lobs the ball to Rosie Bynes down the sideline, he beats the lone DB and has a full field ahead of him for the touchdown. First time we beat a 1-A school, fastest in history.

The call used to be online somewhere, anyone have it?
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

2003 playing MTSU in Tennessee as a 1-AA school and listening to the game with headphones on in my living room with my roommates complaining about me cheering. We went on our final drive, and burned 2:38 off the clock, they didn't think we'd even be able to get the final snap off on 4th and 9. Hearing that call, Allen scrambling out of the pocket on his own 40 with time expiring in the 4th quarter down by 5 nearly fumbling the ball…he breaks free, gets some room and lobs the ball to Rosie Bynes down the sideline, he beats the lone DB and has a full field ahead of him for the touchdown. First time we beat a 1-A school, fastest in history.

I listened to that in my car in the parking lot outside my apartment…wasn't that on the Christian family a.m. station?  "1160 a.m. where FAU and Jesus walk together"

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

I listened to that in my car in the parking lot outside my apartment…wasn't that on the Christian family a.m. station?  "1160 a.m. where FAU and Jesus walk together"

1040AM…actually a good station in comparison to the one we have now…given what our programming currently airs around…
Back to the top

walty12 said

TeamBeer said

Now that is some funny stuff right there!
Back to the top

I'll never forget that game. I rushed home from doing something (who knows what) and turned on the station. I couldn't get it on my radio, so I had to listen to the internet broadcast. I got a call from Pablo Paez screaming and yelling saying we had won, but I hadn't heard it yet because of the lag between live radio and internet.

To say the least, it was a night to celebrate.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: