Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Reflective moments

Re: Reflective moments

this one came up yesterday and it's certainly one of my fondest memories of FAU football…FAU v UCF in 03

I traveled to this game with some friends and went with a bunch of UCF students. Save from the people I was with, their fans are pretty ruthless, especially in the student section though I think you'd get that in any student section. Liquid courage and visiting team t-shirts leads to some fighting.

So as the game is winding down UCF has it pretty much in the bag and most of the stadium emptied out and I remember mentioning to my buddy that if we completed this drive with a TD and recovered an onside kick, we could actually win it…"yeah right" he said. It was incredible to watch after that onside kick was recovered and we were driving down the field about to score again with the clock running out to win. We drove down to their 10 or 15 and just missed a pass in the endzone for the win, the clock ran out and we fell just a bit short but man it was fun to watch. That place was silent during that last drive of ours, UCF fans were spooked.

I also came away with the greatest tailgate treat I've ever had…the redneck appetizer. Italian sausage sliced on a ritz cracker, topped with ranch dressing and hot sauce..freaking amazing.
Back to the top

Re: Reflective moments

Inaugural season game 2. FAU at Bethune-Cookman. FAU was coming off a devastating loss to Slippery Rock and Bethune-Cookman was ranked #22 in 1-AA. In a torrential downpour FAU shocked Bethune-Cookman to come away with the upset following a 99 yard fumble return for a touchdown.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: