Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rivals.com 120 Countdown - FAU # 82

Re: Rivals.com 120 Countdown - FAU # 82

Rivals.com 120 Countdown - FAU # 82

I have to agree, I truely hate UCF as well.  I really cannot wait for whenever they get the courage to schedule us so we can put them in their place.
Back to the top

Has there been any talk between the FAU and UCF ADs about a possible game of is this just internet speculation?
Back to the top

Tebow said

Has there been any talk between the FAU and UCF ADs about a possible game of is this just internet speculation?

Unfortunately as of right now it's just speculation. The only way we'd meet would be in a bowl game. We've played UCF 1x when we were in 1-AA (not sure if they SunBelt or C-USA at the time) and we almost beat them, since then they haven't played us. I think they're scheduling is full for the next few seasons. I guess getting a new stadium will do that

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Rick said

GratefulDad said

You all are coming back up here on October 2, 2010.  I look forward to another good game.  Can't say I will be sorry that Rusty will be gone by then (he is a senior this year, right?), although he is fun to watch.  I would take him as our QB anyday.

Yeah, Rusty is a senior this year…VanCamp is our guy at your place in 2010 in all likelihood…

Do you think Grothe will return for his senior year or try and go pro??

Also, who do you guys have lined up to take over for him??

Grothe is also a senior this year and is returning.  Behind him, we have BJ Daniels, a five star recruit from Tallahassee.  BJ also plays basketball for us.  Daniels is a scrambling QB, like Grothe, but truthfully may be a better QB.  His arm strength is impressive, as is his running skills.  We just need to see his decision making skills, as this is Grothe's only fault.

Behind Daniels is Evan Landry, a four star (I think) recruit.  I look for us to lose Landry, as he will probably want more PT and we may move him out of QB.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Unfortunately as of right now it's just speculation. The only way we'd meet would be in a bowl game. We've played UCF 1x when we were in 1-AA (not sure if they SunBelt or C-USA at the time) and we almost beat them, since then they haven't played us. I think they're scheduling is full for the next few seasons. I guess getting a new stadium will do that

Well I hope they give it a shot. It makes sense playing an in-state team, doing a home and home series. Easy drive, keeps the money in state, possibly builds a regional rivalry. I don't know their future OOC games but hopefully they're not going out of their way to not sign a deal with you guys as I think it would be a decent matchup.
Back to the top

I think we will see a contract with UCF get inked once the stadium is up. It would be nice to get a four game series.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

The only way FAU and UCF will play each other within the next five or six years, is if we play them in a bowl game, such as the New Orleans Bowl (Sunbelt vs. C-USA). UCF and FIU have inked a 4-year deal that goes through 2014, so the odds of FAU scheduling UCF are lower than Paris Hilton's SAT scores.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Owlando said

Paris Hilton's SAT scores.

Top Three Paris Hilton quotes:

Paris Hilton Quote #1:"Wal-Mart… do they like make walls there?"

Paris Hilton Quote #2:"I don't really think, I just walk."

Paris Hilton Quote #3: "What's a soup kitchen?"

Back to the top

Rick said

Top Three Paris Hilton quotes:

Paris Hilton Quote #1:"Wal-Mart… do they like make walls there?"

I believe that is a Jessica Simpson quote from her short-lived reality show.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

I believe that is a Jessica Simpson quote from her short-lived reality show.

I cannot believe that you even know that haha
Back to the top
Control functions: