Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Room in C-USA for FAU?

Re: Room in C-USA for FAU?

Room in C-USA for FAU?

All of UNT's upgrades (stadium is nice) were done prior to their announcement of a move. They and FIU went out of the Sun Belt with a whimper.

Here's Old Dominion's stadium - decent for I-AA but kind of old fashioned and lacking for I-A. The end zone facility (sort of a smaller version of what Troy is building) is decent.

Back to the top

BMarkey said

Yes, CUSA teams would save money if/when UTEP and Tulsa left and would also see two of their top three programs go away.

I guarantee college football fans know who ULM is after this year. Troy is well known because it has played, beaten and mostly almost beaten the big programs from Lincoln to Athens, including this year. WKU is better known for basketball but is known. Arkansas State has a decent name. ULL is the University of Louisiana.

Old Dominion, Charlotte, Rice? Household names, all?

I hope CUSA takes Ga. State. It would remove the Belt's mistake and worst program.

As for OwlCountry40, I've probably been to more FAU events than you, so you can stick your opinions. I hope your FAU degree was not in English.
You got me….. Everyone knows college football message board grammer is what gets you through life. I do not turn in papers like this I just do care that much on message boards.
Back to the top

Yes, kinda small but so is FIU and WKU, But at least ODU fills it! but is ya wanna see small, check out the charlotte stadium they just finished. 15K seating on one level only and no lights even! Kinda surprised they are not having to enlarge it before next year - at least to 25K ior CUSA! Good thing for them ECU is moving toi the BigEast, they would fill it themselves for an away game up there.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

BMarkey and GA Owl both make great points. There's still a lot of shuffling left to do. If the CUSA was to add 1 more team from the belt I would want WKU.

If they do decide to go to 16 teams after they lose Tulsa and UTEP I could see them adding WKU and then 3 MAC schools like Bowling Green (WKU in state rival), Miami Ohio and maybe one a Kent State/Ohio/Akron
 Bowling Green is in Ohio WKU plays in Bowling Green Kentucky lol.
Back to the top

Uh, it's "grammar".
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Jab979 said

BMarkey and GA Owl both make great points. There's still a lot of shuffling left to do. If the CUSA was to add 1 more team from the belt I would want WKU.

If they do decide to go to 16 teams after they lose Tulsa and UTEP I could see them adding WKU and then 3 MAC schools like Bowling Green (WKU in state rival), Miami Ohio and maybe one a Kent State/Ohio/Akron
 Bowling Green is in Ohio WKU plays in Bowling Green Kentucky lol.

Oh ok. I had no idea there even was such a thing as Bowling Green, Ohio! haha

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

BMarkey said

All of UNT's upgrades (stadium is nice) were done prior to their announcement of a move. They and FIU went out of the Sun Belt with a whimper.

Here's Old Dominion's stadium - decent for I-AA but kind of old fashioned and lacking for I-A. The end zone facility (sort of a smaller version of what Troy is building) is decent.

They are doing an expansion and already have a waiting list for season tickets after the expansion is done…  We wouldn't even fill that stadium with our average attendance :(
Back to the top

BMarkey said

Looks better than Lockhart did.
Back to the top

mckeon said

BMarkey said

They are doing an expansion and already have a waiting list for season tickets after the expansion is done…  We wouldn't even fill that stadium with our average attendance :(
 WOW thats awesome.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

mckeon said

BMarkey said

WOW thats awesome.
That is pretty cool. I wonder if this could get our alumni and fan base excited.
Back to the top
Control functions: