Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Roundup of Bowl Projections 2017

Rick said

Jack D Whidden III said

I just saw that the Belk Bowl in Charlotte might be in play.

I know beggars can't be choosers, BUT anything in the Southeast against a P5 team would be awesome.
Posted On: Nov 6th 2017, 11:48 AM #372859

Friday at 1:00 PM not the greatest time slot.

I know some people would still be off from work, but forget a travelling crowd on that one with the Holiday's wrapped all around it.

Posted On: Nov 6th 2017, 12:23 PM #372864

Good point. And I don't think we could even fill up the lower bowl of our side of Bank of America Stadium. I just hope we're not playing in Boca. Seems like Gasparilla Bowl against USF would be the best bet for FAU and the fans.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Rick said

I know some people would still be off from work, but forget a travelling crowd on that one with the Holiday's wrapped all around it.

Last minute travel deals cost a pretty penny. For a program like ours, if we want to maximize attendance. I'm sure a quick road trip to St. Pete is much more affordable/feasible than any other bowl game IMO.
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

Rick said

Last minute travel deals cost a pretty penny. For a program like ours, if we want to maximize attendance. I'm sure a quick road trip to St. Pete is much more affordable/feasible than any other bowl game IMO.

Posted On: Nov 6th 2017, 2:08 PM #372866

If the Belk Bowl comes a calling, you go.  Even if only 10 fans can make the game.  More exposure better payout.  No Brainer.  The bowl could be in Boca and we will have a poor turnout.  Send us to Alaska and we will have the same turn out.  NON FACTOR.
Back to the top

They call you go said

Island_Owl88 said

Rick said

Posted On: Nov 6th 2017, 2:08 PM #372866
If the Belk Bowl comes a calling, you go.  Even if only 10 fans can make the game.  More exposure better payout.  No Brainer.  The bowl could be in Boca and we will have a poor turnout.  Send us to Alaska and we will have the same turn out.  NON FACTOR.
Posted On: Nov 6th 2017, 3:10 PM #372867
Exactly!  Play the best team you can to get the most exposure you can get where they will pay you the biggest payout.  The size of the crowd at any of these games is going to be relatively small.  Anything outside of Florida at this time of year is going to mean a small FAU contingency, but the payouts will be meaningful.  An unconfirmed list of recent bowl payouts can be found at List of college bowl games - Wikipedia.

Belk Bowl pays $1.7M per team
St. Pete Bowl pays $537.5k per team
Boca Bowl pays $400k per team
Back to the top

If you can get to the Belk Bowl you don’t even think twice and accept it. It’s a good bowl game, and hovers around the sacred New Year’s Day spot.

Back to the top

I can't start a new topic, edit or delete a post so I will post this here.

FAU ranked 36 by CBS sports

NCAA College Football Rankings - CBSSports.com

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I think I only counted 6 G5 teams in front of us!
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I can't start a new topic, edit or delete a post so I will post this here.

Posted On: Nov 7th 2017, 10:11 PM #372916

Not sure what browser you are using but I check your account and all of your provisions are there…see below:

You might want to completely clear all site data from your cache, and then log out and log back in.

Back to the top

St Pete is a great City, and those traveling would really enjoy their time, it's about 3 hours from Broward taking I-75. I have lived here for three years and it has blend of Ft. Lauderdale, Wynwood, Gables/Grove, and Delray, if you could imagine. Big foodie and art scene. The Trop is such a terrible facility though, I would rather they play at Al Lang Stadium on the water as opposed to underneath the garbage bag.
Back to the top

This came from my ticket guy at FAU. It only includes the 6 bowl tie ins, so it doesnt include secondary bowls, but you can select what game you think FAU will be attending and mark it down but they will only charge you for whatever bowl game the team will be attending.

Attachment

Back to the top
Control functions: