Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Roundup of Bowl Projections 2017

StPeteOwl said

St Pete is a great City, and those traveling would really enjoy their time, it's about 3 hours from Broward taking I-75. I have lived here for three years and it has blend of Ft. Lauderdale, Wynwood, Gables/Grove, and Delray, if you could imagine. Big foodie and art scene. The Trop is such a terrible facility though, I would rather they play at Al Lang Stadium on the water as opposed to underneath the garbage bag.
Posted On: Nov 8th 2017, 9:39 AM #372922

COME ON YOU ROWDIES!

St. Pete is great. Central Avenue will not disappoint. Being a proud resident of the Tampa Bay area, I'd LOVE to see FAU fans take over one of the area's biggest entertainment districts.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Selfishly - I love St. Pete and unless we somehow got into a bowl in Orlando that would be the closest venue for me.  At the same time, I'd rather get into a game that pays more and that might get more eyeballs on the program.  The great thing is we are all worrying about how "good" of a bowl we get to play in versus hoping that we can somehow get to being bowl-eligible next year.  Seems like a different world to the board I started lurking on last year when my daughter got into FAU and before the new staff got here.
Back to the top

Owldad..imagine how the people on here feel who have been plowing along ,year after year, hoping for a winning season. This seems like a dream.
Back to the top

No doubt - the difference in conversation I have seen in the last year I am sure pales in comparison to what you guys have seen in the past 5 to 10.
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

StPeteOwl said

St Pete is a great City, and those traveling would really enjoy their time, it's about 3 hours from Broward taking I-75. I have lived here for three years and it has blend of Ft. Lauderdale, Wynwood, Gables/Grove, and Delray, if you could imagine. Big foodie and art scene. The Trop is such a terrible facility though, I would rather they play at Al Lang Stadium on the water as opposed to underneath the garbage bag.

COME ON YOU ROWDIES!

St. Pete is great. Central Avenue will not disappoint. Being a proud resident of the Tampa Bay area, I'd LOVE to see FAU fans take over one of the area's biggest entertainment districts.
Posted On: Nov 8th 2017, 1:01 PM #372925

LOL RALPHS MOB!! I have to tell you, I did not know much about Tampa Bay before moving here three years ago, but I absolutely fell in love. The whole Tampa Bay Region has so much to offer. I settled in St Pete (for now) because my wife and I wanted the city lifestyle, and we have not been disappointed.
Back to the top

Best advantage of the Trop. No thunderstorms delays!
Back to the top

rook01 said

Best advantage of the Trop. No thunderstorms delays!
Posted On: Nov 8th 2017, 7:00 PM #372931

True…

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

StPeteOwl said

Jack D Whidden III said

StPeteOwl said

COME on YOU ROWDIES!

Posted On: Nov 8th 2017, 1:01 PM #372925
LOL RALPHS MOB!! I have to tell you, I did not know much about Tampa Bay before moving here three years ago, but I absolutely fell in love. The whole Tampa Bay Region has so much to offer. I settled in St Pete (for now) because my wife and I wanted the city lifestyle, and we have not been disappointed.
Posted On: Nov 8th 2017, 5:36 PM #372930

I miss Rowdies games, man! I work most Saturdays, so I'm unable to make the drive to catch a game. I did travel to see the boys take on the scum in Orlando in a mid-week match, which was an absolute blast. So much joy in having OCB's last game ever as a loss to the Rowdies.

No exaggeration, the Kahwa Coffee near Al Lang changed my life. There's a couple locations on my side of the Bay, but they're in Downtown and Palma Ceia; too far of a drive for me here in Temple Terrace.

I'm one of the few that's born and raised in the Bay area, and I love it. only knock I have is lack of public transportation.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I'm really hoping we go to the independence bowl and play against someone like Vandy, Ole Miss, Wake forest, etc. I am for sure all about playing a power 5 school if the opportunity is there. Doesn't matter where we play, attendance will be an issue. We might as well try to get a solid power 5 win to carry us into 2018 opening against Oklahoma. Say the independence bowl isn't an option and there isn't a P5 team to play in the heart of Dallas bowl, St. Pete against USF would be a fun one. Would USF even want to play that game though?  
Back to the top

SB Nation has FAU vs USF in the Boca Raton Bowl as of 11/12/17 (post week 11, going into week 12).

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/11/12/16639480/bowl-projections-2017-college-football-playoff-predictions-after-week-11
Back to the top
Control functions: