Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Running Thread: 2011 FAU Coaching Search update....

Re: Running Thread: FAU Coaching Search update....

Running Thread: FAU Coaching Search update....

I'm not too worried about recruiting because they are all just verbals. Yes the new coach won't have a TON of time but if it is Leach/Bowden, those verbals will quickly change in our favor. We can only go up from here.

Also, I think Levitt might be the guy at this point. Of course I want Leach but I think he won't be available and it seems like Terry Bowden might not be that great.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

I think Levitt might be the guy at this point. Of course I want Leach but I think he won't be available and it seems like Terry Bowden might not be that great.

Agreed

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

We will have our biggest recruiting class in some time regardless of when the new coach is announced we can wait until the season is over
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

I'm not too worried about recruiting because they are all just verbals. Yes the new coach won't have a TON of time but if it is Leach/Bowden, those verbals will quickly change in our favor. We can only go up from here.

Also, I think Levitt might be the guy at this point. Of course I want Leach but I think he won't be available and it seems like Terry Bowden might not be that great.

Yeah they are verbals at this point - but let's face it it's not like there is going to be this plethora of quality verbals changing their minds on signing day to come to FAU with the way things are going.
Back to the top

One plus, every position is open for the taking. I don't really know of a spot on our field next year that couldn't be taken over by a talented freshman.

If you want the opportunity to break every record, be the star, and start as a freshman, FAU is the place for you!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

One plus, every position is open for the taking. I don't really know of a spot on our field next year that couldn't be taken over by a talented freshman.

If you want the opportunity to break every record, be the star, and start as a freshman, FAU is the place for you!

Very true, it'll be nice to see us finally play some freshman talent (if we can get it) and be able to watch a guy play 4 years like a normal program does.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Those may very well be the reasons why the big boys wont take a chance on him.

However it is also Bleacher Report, not exactly the height of College Football Journalisim.

Tulane supposedly has a salary of 2 Million available for thier coach. No way we come close to that.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Tulane? With their 15K in the Superdome - VERY hard to beleive. To get Leach (or any other decent bigger name Coach for that matter) we have to offer a good incentive filled package and hope money is not his God! Give him the program - 100% - and let's get out of this disaster before it turns real ugly when FAU and the ENTIRE athletic dept. get hit for the debt on the stadium.
Beautiful stadium and can make the school and athletics LOTS of money - but not 1/3 or less filled and not when it kills the entire schools operating buget!
Back to the top

An interesting thought with this post.

Arizona swang for the fences, met with Urban Meyer;

Urban Meyer met with Arizona’s athletic director, Greg Byrne, in Miami early last week to discuss the Wildcats’ job, according to a person with knowledge of the meeting, but ultimately decided he was not interested. The person said that Meyer, who has expressed his desire to return to coaching, was intrigued but informed Byrne in a telephone call Monday night that he was not going to pursue the job.

A few comments from the Arizona site;

"Meyer doesnt want to coach. He was at Florida and walked…."

"You know, that's actually a good point. OSU and PSU are pressure jobs. If he does get back into coaching, it might be at a school that is rebuilding or isn't under the spotlight."

Now what program fits that bill TO A TEE?

We just informed our current "coaching staff" that they are out of here Dec. 6 - ALL OF 'EM. Something somewhere is in the works or already a done deal. And most likely from a Coach NOT working presently. We cannot have NO coaching staff in the midst of recruiting season.

Meyer also fits that bill and he also lives in Florida. Not saying him but could you imagine…only speculation (as all of our thoughts here pretty much are) but…
Back to the top
Control functions: