Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Running Thread: 2011 FAU Coaching Search update....

Re: Running Thread: FAU Coaching Search update....

Running Thread: FAU Coaching Search update....

HA! Georgia Owl. Theoretically your points makes sense but i would rather play the lotto. 
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

An interesting thought with this post.

Arizona swang for the fences, met with Urban Meyer;

Urban Meyer met with Arizona’s athletic director, Greg Byrne, in Miami early last week to discuss the Wildcats’ job, according to a person with knowledge of the meeting, but ultimately decided he was not interested. The person said that Meyer, who has expressed his desire to return to coaching, was intrigued but informed Byrne in a telephone call Monday night that he was not going to pursue the job.

A few comments from the Arizona site;

"Meyer doesnt want to coach. He was at Florida and walked…."

"You know, that's actually a good point. OSU and PSU are pressure jobs. If he does get back into coaching, it might be at a school that is rebuilding or isn't under the spotlight."

Now what program fits that bill TO A TEE?

We just informed our current "coaching staff" that they are out of here Dec. 6 - ALL OF 'EM. Something somewhere is in the works or already a done deal. And most likely from a Coach NOT working presently. We cannot have NO coaching staff in the midst of recruiting season.

Meyer also fits that bill and he also lives in Florida. Not saying him but could you imagine…only speculation (as all of our thoughts here pretty much are) but…

LOL, Urban Meyer coaching FAU……what are you doing up there in GA, sipping on the moonshine

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

The anticipation mounts:

Mike Leach
Jim Leavitt
Terry Bowden
Randy Shannon
Mike Shula
???

We need an impact hire here folks.  Some no-name coordinator from the Mountain West isn't gonna cut it. 

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

An interesting thought with this post.

Arizona swang for the fences, met with Urban Meyer;

Urban Meyer met with Arizona’s athletic director, Greg Byrne, in Miami early last week to discuss the Wildcats’ job, according to a person with knowledge of the meeting, but ultimately decided he was not interested. The person said that Meyer, who has expressed his desire to return to coaching, was intrigued but informed Byrne in a telephone call Monday night that he was not going to pursue the job.

A few comments from the Arizona site;

"Meyer doesnt want to coach. He was at Florida and walked…."

"You know, that's actually a good point. OSU and PSU are pressure jobs. If he does get back into coaching, it might be at a school that is rebuilding or isn't under the spotlight."

Now what program fits that bill TO A TEE?

We just informed our current "coaching staff" that they are out of here Dec. 6 - ALL OF 'EM. Something somewhere is in the works or already a done deal. And most likely from a Coach NOT working presently. We cannot have NO coaching staff in the midst of recruiting season.

Meyer also fits that bill and he also lives in Florida. Not saying him but could you imagine…only speculation (as all of our thoughts here pretty much are) but…

Humm…it also says they met in Miami. Why Miami? Urban exploring possible SoFLa positions? Ha….the plot thickens!  ;D
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

The anticipation mounts:

Mike Leach
Jim Leavitt
Terry Bowden
Randy Shannon
Mike Shula
???

We need an impact hire here folks.  Some no-name coordinator from the Mountain West isn't gonna cut it.

I really hope it's not Shannon. He pissed off allot of local coaches down here while recruiting. And that's what we need most of, a good recruiter. All others could work, even with the baggage some bring.
Back to the top

No way Urban Meyer ends up at FAU. Not a chance. Zero.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

No way Urban Meyer ends up at FAU. Not a chance. Zero.
Back to the top

I thought that might get some response! ;D

Yes I sip on some Moonshine up here and yes it is just speculative WISHFUL thinking - the optomist in me I guess.

Now that the entire Coaching staff has been informed of their dismissal, wonder how bad the final three games go, unless maybe the PLAYERS are happy with the announcement that none of these guys will be in charge next year and they PLAY some inspired ball! I know, just wishful thinking again.

At least we are playing at our level the final three games, all three opponents are in the Rivals 106-110 level. Think we can stay within 20 in any of them?
Back to the top

Yes, I think the next three games all offer the chance for us to win.  We play 3 bad teams like us that are just trying to get to the end of the year…and 2 are at home.  It'll take us playing our best football of the season, but I think we can win any of the three remaining games.
Back to the top

Not everyone has quit on this team, I'll be there rooting for those guys that haven't given up.  Maybe pride, not coaching will give us a win.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top
Control functions: