Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Season Ticket Perks

Re: Season Ticket Perks

Owl Club hosts "Coach's Breakfast" each week before a home game. Are they still doing that this year under the new head coach? That's a great medium: no expense to put on a dinner where you're not sure who will/who will not come (catered dinners are VERY expensive), and it provides a great incentive for the booster club.

Plus, with the new ticketing company, I'm not sure if the ticket company would have to pay for the dinner, or if FAU would have to pay for the dinner.

The Owl Club provides the benefit (or at least has in years past) to meet the coaches several times throughout the year. There's also the radio shows (open to everyone, right?), and the Owl Club happy hours.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

My present concern, even with my own idea, is if Coach P. is going to particpate? He has to understand that HE is now the face of HIS program and HAS TO attend, both willingly and happily, basicaly any and all PR events scheduled to build HIS program up within the S. Florida (not just Boca!) community.
He has already "missed" two (2) scheduled public meetings and FAU had to send a replacement representative - a nice move to help cover for FAU, but still a dissappointment to any attendees looking forward to meeting the new FAU Head Football Coach. If Coach P. does not want to attend public functions, he will not last and will NEVER be a major collegiate head football coach, it is a BIG part of the terrirory that comes with the position.
Just becoming a concern of mine, Go Coach P. and Go Owls!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

My present concern, even with my own idea, is if Coach P. is going to particpate? He has to understand that HE is now the face of HIS program and HAS TO attend, both willingly and happily, basicaly any and all PR events scheduled to build HIS program up within the S. Florida (not just Boca!) community.
He has already "missed" two (2) scheduled public meetings and FAU had to send a replacement representative - a nice move to help cover for FAU, but still a dissappointment to any attendees looking forward to meeting the new FAU Head Football Coach. If Coach P. does not want to attend public functions, he will not last and will NEVER be a major collegiate head football coach, it is a BIG part of the terrirory that comes with the position.
Just becoming a concern of mine, Go Coach P. and Go Owls!

He's a far cry from Schnelly who was (and still is) a master at dealing with the politics of the job.  Meaning : you have to shake hands and kiss babies as part of your duties of being a good football coach.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

He's a far cry from Schnelly who was (and still is) a master at dealing with the politics of the job.  Meaning : you have to shake hands and kiss babies as part of your duties of being a good football coach.

I'm willing to cut him some slack on this IF he wins and we are consitently at the top of the SBC and going to bowls each year.  Yes its part of his job. But I think the bigger part of his job is getting this program back on track. If he can't politik as much as Howard then so be it.

In fact isnt this Howards new role as "Ambassador" for FAU?  Let Howard press the flesh, and Coach Pelini mold the team IMHO.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

In a very brief conversation with CP he mentioend to me how eager he was to reach the alumni of the university. He's done plenty of other things for outreach (recently attending the Boca Chamber PULSE breakfast and speaking with the attendees there) so I don't think we need to stress.

I honestly wasn't too impressed with the dig that was thrown at him on Access for him cancelling. Don't know what that was all about, I'm not sure it damaged our rep with local coaches, the guy had something come up and he couldn't attend.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

He has already "missed" two (2) scheduled public meetings

What was the other one? I thought he just missed this one.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

GeorgiaOwl said

He has already "missed" two (2) scheduled public meetings

What was the other one? I thought he just missed this one.

He missed an outing at Duffy's Coconut Creek.
Back to the top

This just in from the News Desk:

Pelini had a family emergency (daughter) when he was labeled a "no show".

Back to the top

I think the appearances are crucial for fundraisng efforts.  This is where Schnelly shined. 

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

I think the appearances are crucial for fundraisng efforts.  This is where Schnelly shined.

And still does!

Back to the top
Control functions: