Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Shula Bowl XVI Attendance

Let's face it - given the last few years, the crowds this year (minus Navy), and the typical "so much else to do" excuse means that even 20k is really good for FAU.  I mentioned it, but is there data about the all-time largest crowds in the stadium?  I thought I recalled Navy was like the 3rd biggest in history, but just wondering how many times we have ever gone over 20k?  I honestly haven't bought a media guide/game program, but don't know if they put that kind of thing in there (I know other schools do). 
Back to the top

owlsdad said

Let's face it - given the last few years, the crowds this year (minus Navy), and the typical "so much else to do" excuse means that even 20k is really good for FAU.  I mentioned it, but is there data about the all-time largest crowds in the stadium?  I thought I recalled Navy was like the 3rd biggest in history, but just wondering how many times we have ever gone over 20k?  I honestly haven't bought a media guide/game program, but don't know if they put that kind of thing in there (I know other schools do). 
Posted On: Nov 17th 2017, 1:01 PM #373434

First game in the stadium against WKY was a virtual sellout as was the Miami game then 3rd was the Navy game.  Attendance numbers drop from there with maybe a few games around the 20K mark announced.  I believe this could be the 4th highest attendance in the stadium…pretty sad but when you 3-9 every almost year what do you expect.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

3-9 or worse. ONE (1) 6-6 season in the prior EIGHT (8) seasons!!!!

I just hope the team and coaches come through for a big crowd for the 1st time - I think they will!!!!

GO OWLS! Really wish we could be down there again - Marshall game was fun - rain storm and stupid finish and all!
Back to the top

The Miami game holds the attendance record, most likely followed by the WKU opener at 29,103.

FAU quarterback understudy Jason Driskel spelled an injured Quez Johnson to give the Owls a fighting chance before falling to the Hurricanes 44-20 in front of a record crowd of 30,321 at Howard Schnellenberger Field at FAU Stadium at the home opener on Sept. 11.

FAU vs. Miami game sets stadium attendance record - Delray Newspaper
Back to the top

I heard the "announced" crowd at over 24k - it was a Shula Bowl record for tickets sold.  But I'm thinking 16k at most in the stadium.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

I heard the "announced" crowd at over 24k - it was a Shula Bowl record for tickets sold.  But I'm thinking 16k at most in the stadium.
Posted On: Nov 19th 2017, 1:59 AM #373557

Felt like there was a couple thousands hanging in the Concourse inside the hyndaui deck the whole game 
Back to the top

The crowd looked great just before the rain began. A lot of late arrivals into the stands, but that's been par for the course throughout CFB.
Back to the top

Good crowd, excited and into it until the rain started.  Only FAU could have rain for an entire period with no rain anywhere else in the entire state, unbelievable.

At the end of the 1st I would say definitely over 15k butts in seats, deck was mobbed but that’s another discussion.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

The official attendance was 24,161. Florida's attendance was 80,000-plus, but reports said the stadium was half-empty.
Back to the top
Control functions: